Sosua........am i understanding this

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
So, while continuing my search for an apartment rental in Caberete and Sosua, I come across this place called the Coco Hotel, i believe. while reading their site. It says that they are guest friendly, and that GIRLS, CHICAS, are no extra charge. At the risk of sounding like a real idiot, does this mean what i think it does

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
So, while continuing my search for an apartment rental in Caberete and Sosua, I come across this place called the Coco Hotel, i believe. while reading their site. It says that they are guest friendly, and that GIRLS, CHICAS, are no extra charge. At the risk of sounding like a real idiot, does this mean what i think it does

In English, you can bring your amigo/a del dia to your room @ no extra charge.

mtb1951

Feb 25, 2012

Unfortunately, no. As previously stated they will not charge you a fee to permit a non-registered female guest to join you in your room.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
It also means that if you pick up a hitchhiker for a ride and he/she has no place to stay, you can rrent them a portion of your room.

The CoCo will not take a % of that charge - free for you to keep.

" Now I lay me down to sleep.......":knockedou

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Value

The hotel is owned by a "young" Canadian and run by him and his Dominican wife.
It is a small cozy hotel with a pool away from the noise and good value at the price point.
It is not a wild party place and you should be comfortable. Within a 10 - 15 minute walk you'll be in the centre of town and at the beach.

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009

hahaha.....you wish.....

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Thanks "Seniors",for your "research"!
,I just put the "CoCo Hotel" on my list of great hotels!
Some people like to let you think,that if a hotel allows"Guest",you will see couples "Fornicating" by the pool,and even in the lobby!
No Such Luck"!
You will see lots of "Odd Couples",but if you want to "Watch" you will have to ask their permission!
CC

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
It means there will be prostitutes as well as girlfriends there visiting males who stay at the hotel.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
You can bring "Ladies of the night" back to your room for an all night discussion of ethics and morals. Of course if you are over 25 don't count on the "discussion" lasting into the night. For those of you who are of female persuasion you can bring you new boy toy back to the "LUV" den. LOVE THE ONE YOUR WITH.

LTS

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
WOW....I guess The MODs are busy having Android Cyber sex to have missed a discussion of procurement of besos for pesos. If he/she had been utilizing an iOS based product this would have automatically been censored a page ago.

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012

Well, this is the first time i have seen this on a website. Seems to me that this type of advertising would draw in the types that should just be hanging on the street under the lamp post. Ill bet they don`t get many families coming to stay. Think I will just carry on with my search.

Chrismic

Mar 28, 2008
Well, this is the first time i have seen this on a website. Seems to me that this type of advertising would draw in the types that should just be hanging on the street under the lamp post. Ill bet they don`t get many families coming to stay. Think I will just carry on with my search.

Well, most of the hotels in Sosua are girls friendly.
Because most of the tourist that lives in hotels in Sosua, are single men looking for girls.
But also some foreign woman that are with local men.
Few hotels , except some in the higher price class and high standard and A1 hotels, could not survive without allowing their guest to bring home girls..
There are even hotels that advertising with girls in bikini at their web site..

Most of the tourists take their girls directly up their rooms and seldom spend time in the bar or swimming pool with the girl.
It is much more annoying to walk down main street Pedro Cliante at night, if you will not see tourists with girls.

You can search for other hotels, but as I said most of the hotels are girls friendly.
I would recommend you to go to one hotel, if you do not like it there, go early next morning and look at other hotels and move into that hotel, if you should like that hotel better than the hotel you lived in.

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004

Most boutique hotels in Sosua cater to that type of activity even if they don't put it on the web site. It is their bread and butter whether they care for the activity or not. So if whether a hotel caters to it or not is a criteria for staying there then your options are limited in Sosua. That said, outside of a couple places you won't notice it unless you are looking for it.

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
Okay, so what we have is sosua and boca chica being the red light districts of the DR in the tourist areas, along with several hidden through out the countryside. Good article on dr1, i have done my homework. My points are if that hotels advertise this type of behaviour in order to survive, it seems to me that it would scare away families who do not want to be a part of this type of behaviour or have it endure it. Yes, I have heard the government and its policia etc are corrupt, taking a slice of the pie any which way they can, as well as some hotels who offer this service. My points are that it only serves to promote more unwanted activity in these areas of which if i can remember, are beautiful and not swarming with the likes of hookers, drugs etc. This type of activity in my mind promotes child prostitution, more drugs etc. until these areas are so degraded that people will think twice about even coming to these areas, which were once enjoyable.

I have read, and correct me if i am wrong, that these unfortunate young girls and guys are in a desperate situation. I understand that, however most seem to get their monies and gifts and spend it all on phones, jewelry, clothing etc., while their mama`s are at home watching their babies.

Perhaps if hotels advertised............no guests allowed, might stop some of this. They could maintain a good clean establishment, one which they could be proud of, and still survive. I believe that the direction they are going in will only serve to turn families away, and eventually word will get out to those of us who are just learning about this whole thing will look elsewhere. It has already turned my head in another direction.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
There are Hotels that allow it and ones that don't. This is what we call freedom to run your business as you see fit.

And you in turn have the freedom to spend your money where it suits you also.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
You can bring "Ladies of the night" back to your room for an all night discussion of ethics and morals. Of course if you are over 25 don't count on the "discussion" lasting into the night. For those of you who are of female persuasion you can bring you new boy toy back to the "LUV" den. LOVE THE ONE YOUR WITH.

LTS

i've even gotten lucky with "Ladies of the Day"....:laugh: