Condo For Sale In Blue Fish

wayne

Dec 25, 2003
A friend has a nice 1 bedroom top floor condo for sale in Blue Fish. Blue Fish is an ocean front complex located in Perla Marina and has it's own security as well as the security from Perla Marina. The condo is priced below market value at $74,900. Have a look at her ad in the real estate section.

pi2

Banned
Oct 12, 2011
Seems so ; perhaps my comment fromm $100,000 was a bit much. There is excellent value in the DR; considering excellent weather, seemingly endless beaches and huge amenities.

pi2

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Do not know what the maintenance fee is per month but the condos are very nice and they are quiet. Good deal at that price, especially if it has an ocean view which I doubt at that price. Wonderful breezes and little need for air conditioning.

wayne

Dec 25, 2003
Amber Guardian property management is in charge of the complex. They can take care of individual condo management and rental as well. I believe the 1 bedrooms rent for $65.00 per night for short term.

wayne

Dec 25, 2003
Nice to see quality posts here on DR1. Keep up the positive input Timotero. The condo is a great deal but like most real estate these days it takes time to find the right buyer.

Timotero

Bronze
Feb 25, 2011
Nice to see quality posts here on DR1. Keep up the positive input Timotero. The condo is a great deal but like most real estate these days it takes time to find the right buyer.
\

Didn't mean it as a negative.....just thinking out loud with a different frame of reference I guess. In my area (first world) nowadays the real estate market is slowly recoverings. And legitimately good deals are selling in a matter of weeks. Overpriced homes are still languising for months on end though. But I know, I'm comparing apples to mangos. Sorry if you took offense.
Good luck with the sale.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
I'm not familiar with n. coast details / locations. where exactly is Blue Fish / Perla Marina???

DonDR

Jul 14, 2010
Is this the place?

Belgian Honorary Consul complains that his house has been robbed twice
posted on: Nov 24 2011 9:56 by The Reporter. Viewed 592 times.

The Belgian Honorary Consul in the Dominican Republic claims that he has been assaulted twice in less than a month at his home in Cabarete, by hooded individuals with firearms that have taken his possessions and forced their way into his safe.

Marc Batuil denouncing what he called a wave of muggings, robberies and death every day and worried about the safety of himself, that of his family and tourists, sent a letter to the Minister of Tourism, Francisco Javier Garcia and copied the letter to head of the Police, Major General Jose Armando Polanco Gomez.

"The police so far has been very slow and inefficient, as these events have been occuring almost daily for a month throughout the area," he says.

The diplomat warned both officers that his country could issue a warning to its citizens saying "Do not travel to the Dominican Republic," if the authorities do not explain and implemented security measures to curb crime in tourist areas before the tourist visiting season starts.

"It's the second time in 4 weeks that criminals have broken in to my property to assault and rob me. My reason for this complaint is because I was in the home where I spend my days off with my family and do not want us to be the victim of a assault which can lead to death in this country because there is a wave of assaults, deaths and robberies every day. "

He said that on two occasions in October, thieves broke down his doors, threatened his family with guns and forced open his safe and took its contents, at his home in Perla Marina in Cabarete, Puerto Plata province.

Batuil said that "unfortunately, in recent months we've seen an increase in security incidents with excessive violence that undermine the image of tourism we are promoting here."

According to his letter, Batuil also recounted that on Thursday September 15, two masked men broke into a rented house of two German tourists while they were reading on the terrace. They locked the tourists in the bathroom at gunpoint so they could search the entire house for valuables.

Batuil also says that in the same week in this gated community, thieves broke into the bungalow of an American, but took items of little value.

He also says that two weeks ago some Swiss tourists renting the "La Casa del Gato" property were victims of robbery while they went to dinner in town. "The thieves forced open the door and ripped out the safe that was found days later a few hundred meters from the site."

In other tourist areas, there was the recent case of robbery and murder in El Palmarito de Las Galeras on August 14 of Frenchman, Herve Beregeon, who was attacked with knives.

The affected tourist areas, said Batuil, are Las Galeras, Samana and Sosua and Cabarete inPuerto Plata.