Credit Card Scam linked to D.R. & five other countries.

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
Maybe this will hinder the skimming and scamming in the D.R.
Will only teach them to steal the numbers and use the numbers here. Why steal the numbers in Canada and the US and get real police involved. Numbers have been stolen and used for years in the DR and have yet to hear of a single conviction here.

Randall Bell

Feb 17, 2012
with as many diverse 'holiday' destinations like DR, S.Africa, Bulgaria, not likely that the same group that skimmed in Canada was using them abroad. I can't imagine how these guys go about building the contacts to sell this stuff internationally.

Last edited:

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Yesterday a big bust happened in Toronto and various other locations that was the arrest of individuals who operate a world wide credit card skimming and scamming business. Here is a link to the article in the Huffington Post:

Toronto police charge 7 in ATM skimming fraud

Maybe this will hinder the skimming and scamming in the D.R.

oh, please

SEVEN people caught in a ring with less than 500,000 in charges?

that is just NOTHING compared with what can be done here

Sorry,. try as Canadians might, they are just never going to make it as world class criminals..

now.. Lehman Brothers, for instance?

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
The credit card companies don't help very much. Last year two events illustrate this. The credit company know I'm in the DR 'cos i told them, one day i made a purchase in Lindo LT with my card, within the same day I supposedly purchased gasoline in Los Angeles. they passed the payment!!!! A few months later when I had been issued with a new card I paid an Orange bill with my card, that same evening they accepted my card payment for a pizza takeaway in the UK. What am I superman that I travel so quick?

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
oh, please

SEVEN people caught in a ring with less than 500,000 in charges?

that is just NOTHING compared with what can be done here

Sorry,. try as Canadians might, they are just never going to make it as world class criminals..

now.. Lehman Brothers, for instance?

Must get your facts straight. On the contrary, this bust was just the start. numbers were sold all over the world, so this could add up to a ton of moolah. The bad guys have been caught............hmmm guess canadians can make world class criminals after all as sad as that is.