remodeling apartments in Santiago

businessdr

Oct 8, 2011
Guys,

Do the Dominicans like to remodel their apartments on an ongoing basis?

My friend lives in Medellin, and there the Colombians start hammering and drilling in the walls from 8 in the morning until 5 in the afternoon, and sometimes on the weekends as well.

Apparently, remodeling apartments is a pastime in Colombia.

Is this the case in Santiago as well?

kampinge

Jan 18, 2012
To my knowledge not. But the Dominican like other types of noise. Music all the day, never turn off water or light, and you can find their used pampers within 50 meter of the building. So stay with the Colombians.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
From what I've seen and heard in the nice apartments there are limitations as to the amount of noise one can make, especially after 10 pm. For instance, we have some apartments behind our house that are about three years old and they are generally quiet, except for some weekends, especially the holidays. We also have some family living there and they concur.

With regard to Dominicans remodeling, I don't know if this is a pastime as it would appear to be in Colombia. Maybe because it's lack of money or they would rather spend it or refurnishing the house or vacations, who knows.

BTW, I live in Santiago in Los Llanos de Gurabo II and we love it here. I will admit though that I have become maybe a little de-sensitized to the noise, ie I may not notice it as much, after living here so long and spending so much time in the campo where on the weekends the music is obligatorily played at the highest volume when there is power.