Local salaries from Multinationals?

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
A young friend came over to tell me he had quit his job at an international shipping company

which had employed him for a year in a management position.. entry level

He is completely fluent in English.. having studied in England for a year.. FULL bilingual education at one of the top schools in SD... AND

they were paying him $15000 pesos a month for a five day 9 hour a day work week with one Saturday AM on top

lousy medical coverage with no dentistry coverage...

that is about US $13 a DAY

Ok,, so most middle class Dominicans are only really aspiring to $40 to $60,000 pesos a month so guess they figure that the young guys can live on peanuts

but since his University tuition is !0,000 pesos a month....

Seems like they are opening themselves up for letting their staff go crooked, no?

pi2

Banned
Oct 12, 2011
Stupid! The first job I had on leaving school at 15 paid just 3 pounds , 5 dollars a week. It was an honor to have that job since I could buy my family some food.

Crazy posters here!

If you study someone pays the fees for you - they did in my case. Plus as you get educated you build up a portfolio career that means that you no longer have to walk round fields looking for disgarded vegetables or run an allotment to feed yourself and the family. The air rifle that you used to shoot down pidgeons gets into disuse.

pi2

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
My Dominican sister-in-law,works for Kimberly Clark,in marketing.Five days a week,no Sat.Great benefits,even weekends at "KCs" international meetings at "AIs,weekends with family at resorts,and significantly better pay than your friend.Training in Puerto Rico,and the US.Those eight years of "English" Classes and 4 years at Univ. paid off for her.And now me,she pays rent!
She got this job on her own,no "Strings"!
CC

pi2

Banned
Oct 12, 2011
Stupid post and poster. So it gets edited, by a university professor! Get back to the OP, not what-ever-it-is that bothers you. Stop being a jerk. What you said had nothing to do with the OP.

Last edited by a moderator:

pi2

Banned
Oct 12, 2011
Same thing. A few more and you are going to be put on a few "sick days"......

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
(We;ll do it without the quote, and I agree with you!!)

You talking about publishing nonsense is certainly the pot calling the kettle black.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
I guess the best part of some people's DNA must've run down their momma's leg.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Who pi2 reminds me of:

[video=youtube;coTLv0L9kxI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coTLv0L9kxI&feature=related[/video]

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Pi2 - horsecrap.

My father was a professor of mathematics and he made nothing like 250k - Maybe about a quarter of that.
He was well noted in his field and completed original work on multi-dimensional phase space. He even fixed the Microsoft square route algorithm back in the day. At no point were he or his colleagues rich.

If you are brainy enough you can confirm his work was not nonsense - but I doubt it.

Most of my friends and family came from the same background and they will tell you the same.
Academia, at least in the UK, is a vocation for which you give up real lifetime earning power to pursue your passion.

A lot of physics is borderline fraud but that is a cultural rather than academic issue.
For example, if you need to build a 30 billion dollar experiment to prove your theory then the theory might be looking a bit tired but by this stage you are tied into it. We shall see soon enough.

Anyway, what did you contribute to humanity Pi2?