Hooters Food Quality

Heythere

Feb 24, 2005
I went to Hooters a short while after it opened and it was fun. The beer, girls and atmosphere were just fine. However, the food was not great. I was wondering if anyone has been there recently ... how was the food???

May 29, 2006
I know what corporate kitchens are like. Super clean on the plus side, but they avoid changing the fryer oil until it's almost smoking. With Hooters, they are breading the wings with flour and the excess burns in the oil which imparts a bad flavor to the food. Frozen burgers in many chains have ammonia added to them to kill any bacteria in the fecal matter in them. Everything is salted to death to make you thirstier so you buy the real money makers: soda and beer.

Why There's Ammonia in Your Hamburger - NYTimes.com

sgtjosephmiller

Jan 7, 2012
i agree with badpiece 33.the waitress are like models.the food is actually good.stick to the wings.thats what there knowm for.the wings are great
I went to Hooters a short while after it opened and it was fun. The beer, girls and atmosphere were just fine. However, the food was not great. I was wondering if anyone has been there recently ... how was the food???

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Hooters wings are my favorites. It's how I make my wings at home.

I'm sure the fryers are partially drained every morning to remove most of the flour particulate, a kitchen opening routine. We even did that at my restaurant in FL. Very common as oil is costly...

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
The quality of Hooters' food in the states isn't that much better, however going to Hooters for the food is like saying I read Playboy for the articles. COME ON MAN!!

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
The quality of Hooters' food in the states isn't that much better, however going to Hooters for the food is like saying I read Playboy for the articles. COME ON MAN!!
I do. I love their breaded wings and sauce. Pretty girls are everywhere: so what? Good wings aren't.

Hooters started in my backyard in Clearwater FL. I liked their wings (and oysters) before Hooters was "Hooters..." (and started franchising; the original Hooters guys are NOT the ones who do the franchising.)

Some folks like nekkid fried wings (Buffalo style) some folks like breaded wings (like me.) Chocolate vs. vanilla helado...

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004

So you're saying the food is tits up?

DIESEL1

Dec 29, 2008
I went to the one in Santiago, don't remember what the food tasted like but the girls and atmosphere were great. I really enjoyed their birthday song, something like pechitos para alante colitas para atras.

Nov 25, 2008
Hooters, Fridays, Chili's are ALL frozen foods imported from the states, what do you expect for something that is normally fried and microwave....

curlando

Bronze
Jul 23, 2003
My friend took me to the Hooters in New York City. I heard so much about the wings tasting so good. I was really disappointed the wings was not to my liking at all but, the girls were lookers.

web

Nov 5, 2005
I went to the one in Santiago, don't remember what the food tasted like but the girls and atmosphere were great. I really enjoyed their birthday song, something like pechitos para alante colitas para atras.

Liquor up front, poker in the rear?