El Limon - Different entrances

Lnbond

Nov 20, 2011
I went to El Limon a few weeks ago and hiked up through the mud and crossed the stream. I?m going to go again but take my parents with me. I?d really rather not take horses. A friend of mine who went last week said a lady told him there was a better entrance if you wanted to hike that wasn?t as bad. Does anyone have any information about that? Thanks!

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi:
I am not sure the entrance number but there is a trail that crosses the river a couple of times and then starts to ascend up the mountain. You end up above the falls and then you walk down to the natural pool. It is about 45min to 1 hr.to walk up. If there has been rain it will be muddy. Much of the trail in a dry river bed. If you go through the town of El Limon and make a right turn and head for the many entrances. You will see signs for various entrance points. Any of those places can direct you to the walking trail and may want to guide you. There is a 50 peso government entrance fee to enter the park and the walk up. Good luck.

Steve

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
No. 5 (?) Do?a Nega is the one most people recommend and that we've used.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
No. 5 (?) Do?a Nega is the one most people recommend and that we've used.
She and her family are terrific!

And she makes the most yummy yuca con anis frito!

Her place is Parador #5...

Salsafan

Bronze
Aug 17, 2011
In two weeks I'll also like to do all the way to the falls on my own, with time. Hope the locals won't take it bad, I'm just that kind of a character :)

Salsafan

Bronze
Aug 17, 2011
I took yesterday a guagua from Samana-City to parada Senderola La Javilla, 70 peso, you can tell the driver to stop there at the sign for the parada. Then a nice 35 min walk in shadow, hardly ups and downs, didn't even get my shoes dirty. All the time straight forward, can't miss the way. After 10 min there is a branch to the right, don't take that. In another 5 min a branch to the left over a river, don't take that. Above the waterfall the stairs down are on the right side of the building. For the way back I took the normal way. Was also a nice downhill walk cause hadn't been raining for a week, but after rain I would't recommend that. You have to cross a small river twice. Then with a guagua back to Samana, the second time I used money. I didn't get any angry looks from the guides. Maybe next time I take one, there were some attractive girls among them ;-)

Lnbond

Nov 20, 2011
Thanks for the tips. I went a 2nd time and found out the parada El Rancho is suppose to be an easier walking path.