Hi another newbie

Ljlh

Mar 1, 2012
Hi,

I was married in the iberostar, costa dorada in 2004 and I am looking on advise on how to obtain a copy of my marriage cert as my partner has refused to give it to me for the past five years. I have the translated photo copies and translated copy of the cert but I don't have the originals. I desperately would like to get the divorce sorted but I have been trawling the internet and really at a loss what to do.

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards
lisa

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
You need to get someone to go to the registry office where the marriage was registered and get an original for you.

Matilda

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
I was wondering if the Dominican Consulate where you live could help you?

I really don't know, but there was a Dominican who posted recently as he needed a copy of his birth certificate, and that's where he went to get it.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Each region has a governmental seat where the marriage license records are kept. In my own case I have personally gotten copies from RD200 to 500 on various occasions of my marriage certificate from the office in Moca. I believe you need to contact a lawyer to do this. Try to get references first and make sure you agree on the price beforehand.

Ljlh

Mar 1, 2012
Thank you

I forgot to say we are both from the uk, so I wouldn't be able to physically get a copy. Ive tried everything to get original from ex but he is being so difficult.

Thank you all for the advise.

Lisa