Looking for an insecticide 'fogger'

rdelc

Jan 18, 2012
Try this...

not a 'sprayer'. Anyone know where I can buy one?

I got the "[h=1]Ultrasonic Electronic Pest Mouse Bug Mosquito Repeller"[/h]

and it has worked pretty well. To get optimum results use two per room. it is electrical. You can find it on ebay:

Ultrasonic Electronic Pest Mouse Bug Mosquito Repeller | eBay

The product is in China and they only accept PayPal or BillMeLater.

If you don't have the means to place the order I can place it for you.

rdelc

Jan 18, 2012
If you can bring them from US it is great. You should probably provide where you get them there, what store. Can you buy them online? The ones I bring from China--through ebay--they first send them to me to FL, from there CPS brings them to me.

May 29, 2006
What kind of bugs are you dealing with? Boric acid is surprisingly effective as long as you use it regularly.

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
I'm in an area with a high concentration of mosquitoes. My gardener sprays the property (upon request) using 'Destroyer'. This allows for sitting outside for a reasonable time (2-4 days) until the critters regroup. My research has indicated that 'fogging' the trees, bushes, etc. is way more efficient then 'spraying'. The devices are powered by either small propane canisters or electricity. Prices range from under $100 to over $700.
Note: I would be happy with a propane powered unit but don't know if the canisters are available in the DR. And I doubt if they would be allowed in my checked luggage either!

I read something in a thread regarding these mosquito problems, and the solution were these propane powered "traps" that very effectively eliminated every one of these little vampires in a large area.
Sadly i cannot remember the name of the device. Maybe someone who owns one of these "mosquito-traps" has more details?!

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
I buy them in Home Depot. Inexpensive and highly effective. Each box contains 3 foggers. Each fogger is good for, let's say, 200 sq ft. Anything walking, crawling or flying will drop dead! (that includes yourselves and your pets)

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
Those mosquito traps work great but it helps if you do not have a lot of wind. They work on a simple principal (HowStuffWorks "Creating a Mosquito Magnet") and could probably be created here by a clever sort. But because the CO2 is what draws the critters to their demise a consistent wind will blow it away (set yours upwind from where you are sitting).

I hear tell they were originally invented for the U.S. Navy who had an outpost in some mosquito infested outback of the Bahamas.

May 29, 2006
I'm in an area with a high concentration of mosquitoes. My gardener sprays the property (upon request) using 'Destroyer'. This allows for sitting outside for a reasonable time (2-4 days) until the critters regroup. My research has indicated that 'fogging' the trees, bushes, etc. is way more efficient then 'spraying'. The devices are powered by either small propane canisters or electricity. Prices range from under $100 to over $700.
Note: I would be happy with a propane powered unit but don't know if the canisters are available in the DR. And I doubt if they would be allowed in my checked luggage either!

Oh so you're looking for something like this?

737309301p

Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more

I was just reading that a new control method is to mix fruit juice with boric acid for the mosquitoes to feed on. You can get boric acid anywhere. I'd put it in bait stations using sponges in dishes to attract the mosquitoes. Mosquitoes feed on nectar and sap when they are not getting blood meals.

A Possible Safe New Way to Kill Mosquitoes That Spread Malaria | Special English | Learning English

Another option is to try to reduce their breeding sites. It may not be possible where you live. Tires are a favorite breeding spot. All is takes is a couple cups of stagnant water for them to breed in.

Intermittent control is not effective at all. You have to do a "scorched earth" attack at first and then work on preventing the population from recovering.

Here is another idea. It uses sugar water with a funnel trap and yeast. The yeast generates CO2 which attracts the mosquitoes.

Quick and Dirty Mosquito Trap | DIY:happy

May 29, 2006
I've also seen funnel traps like this for flies: Some apple juice and yeast would prob work for mosquitoes:

g1447-4.jpg

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Chickens",they eat a "Ton" of "bugs" everyday!
When we had chickens in the yard,we had no bugs in the house.
Unfortunately,they ate every plant I tried to grow in my garden.
We now buy chickens in the market,and eat our homegrown "Veggies"!
And use "RAID",like a room deodorizer.
CC