The American Dinner in Cabarete

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
There is a new restaurant that is supposed to open in Cabarete and their sign says " American Dinner " as opposed to American Diner!

Any Updates

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Its a mix with the Belgium friture. You can have some original Belgium dishes and some NA dishes.
Nice decor, very friendly owners and the food is good for the prices. The drinks are rather expensive.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
[QUOTE mike l]their sign says " American Dinner " as opposed to American Diner![/QUOTE]

A restaurant near me offers "a fine dinning experience".

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
we've been out of the country for 2 mo. Where is it . We're comming back in 2 weeks. Where is it. Thanks.

Jan 22, 2010
Was excited to have the Belgian fries they offer. Equipment and place all look very nice but food was not good at all....and small beer 95 pesos excl. taxes...
Not recommended so far, hopefully they will get better....
T.E.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Well, at least you found it.

Go across the street to Gordito's fro reliable meals.... affordable and fresh and good

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Something just sounded wrong about a restaurant serving Belgian food named American Dinner. Sorry to hear the initial reports are not good.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Something just sounded wrong about a restaurant serving Belgian food named American Dinner. Sorry to hear the initial reports are not good.

Hopefully our resident Chef/Optometrist/Real Estate Broker & Economist can give us a review of the Haute Cuisine!
I love Gorditos, cheap, yummy, and consistent.

southwardbound2

Jun 5, 2008
so, how are the frites? any reviews?

Just had dinner at American "Dinner". Oh boy, where to start?
They have pretty good building and furnishings; it seemed clean and the fries were good.......not great, but good.
From there, it goes waaayyy downhill.
The milk shake isn't one......chocolate milk with ice added and blended......no ice cream.
We had hamburgers that were not at all good, but were very small so we didn't waste much food.
The menu is so odd......one of the hotdogs listed as "vienna sausage"......that's scary.....is it one of the canned things??!!
This place has no idea what an "American Diner" is (obviously) or should be serving or how to prepare it. So disappointed!! Would love to have such a place that knows what they are doing. Really a shame they put all that money into their signage and didn't even consult an American to proofread it or the menu.

southwardbound2

Jun 5, 2008
I agree as I have given up on fresh mex in sosua as well....Gorditos Rules !
Agree Gorditos is best TexMex near Cabarete. But it's not a great example of TexMex cuisine. I think it's appealing to people who live here that have no other source. But an American tourist might want to just wait till they get home.

Jan 17, 2009
We too had dinner at American Dinner on Sunday. We had a sandwich and filet with fries. The sandwich was just ok, advertised as a panini but didn't look close to anything I have had before with the name "panini" by it (not pressed). The filet was pretty good (probably around 6oz) especially for the price (360 ITBIS included), a bottle of sparkling water and a cuba libre. Total bill was RD$670 (without tip). Decor also nice, although I found the bench seats too high or the tables too low, hard to sit there comfortably. Service was okay, no complaints. The fries (which I ate because I was really hungry) were fried in a very low quality oil; an aftertaste of something I couldn't well figure out what it was. Definitely will not have fries there again.

There are so many places to eat in Cabarete (and I hear a few more coming up) that unless you have great food, affordable prices and top-notch service, I don't see how this American/Belgian sort of diner will survive.