Email and Chat Support Representative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omar Duarte

Jul 27, 2011
Hi,

We're a Canadian company looking for an English-only Email and Chat Support Representative. We're located in Malecon Center Plaza in Southern Santo Domingo (near UASD university).

Benefits:
- We take care of all the Legal Residence Process (RD$35,000 value).
- Office with all amenities (Bathroom, shower, kitchen and air conditioner).
- Cultured and Respectful Co-workers.
- This is a gateway job to a higher paying position. We're a meritocratic company that is constantly looking for talent.

Salary:
RD$15,000 - RD$30,000 depending on skills.

Summary:
Provide assistance to members of our work-from-home team through emails and chat.

Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide email support to new members that want to register.
- Inform new members about the best Payment methods available in their respective countries.
- Provide guidance to new members that are not well informed on how to start.
- Escalate technical tickets to the appropriate technical support parties.
- Make quick and accurate responses to members that issue common queries.
- Solve payment related problems of our members.

Required Skills:
- You must have excellent English writing skills.
- You must be able write over 60 words per minute using a computer keyboard.
- You must have strong internet knowledge (Web browsers, search engines, email platforms, shortcuts, etc).
- No Experience Required.

Required Abilities:
- Ability to think quick.
- Ability to learn fast.
- Ability to make appropriate decisions and evaluate priorities accordingly.

Wanted Attitude:
This is a high demanding job for people that are interested in growing inside an international company. We need people that are hard working and dont like wasting time. You will have clear deadlines that need to be met and you will only have 8 hours a day to fulfill them.

This is a great opportunity for people without prior experience. Our company is actively looking for people that have the attitude and capacity to work in new projects.

How To Apply?

Send me an PM with the following answers:

1- [PLEASE INCLUDE AS MANY DETAILS AS POSSIBLE] You're the customer support of a telephone company. You must inform one of your clients that he will have his phone line canceled due to a technical problem in his line. Write an example email to the customer explaining this:

2- [PLEASE INCLUDE AS MANY DETAILS AS POSSIBLE] You work in a car agency. A client is interested in a 2011 LEXUS GS 350, but this car is not in your inventory. You want to convince her to buy a 2011 ACURA TL 3.5. Please view the following comparison: 2011 Lexus GS 350 vs. 2011 Acura TL . Please write an example email of how you would convince the client to buy the ACURA car given the comparison page:

Best Regards,
Omar Duarte

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Hi,

We're a Canadian company looking for an English-only Email and Chat Support Representative. We're located in Malecon Center Plaza in Southern Santo Domingo (near UASD university).

Benefits:
- We take care of all the Legal Residence Process (RD$35,000 value).
- Office with all amenities (Bathroom, shower, kitchen and air conditioner).
- Cultured and Respectful Co-workers.
- This is a gateway job to a higher paying position. We're a meritocratic company that is constantly looking for talent.

Salary:
RD$15,000 - RD$30,000 depending on skills.

Summary:
Provide assistance to members of our work-from-home team through emails and chat.

Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide email support to new members that want to register.
- Inform new members about the best Payment methods available in their respective countries.
- Provide guidance to new members that are not well informed on how to start.
- Escalate technical tickets to the appropriate technical support parties.
- Make quick and accurate responses to members that issue common queries.
- Solve payment related problems of our members.

Required Skills:
- You must be able write over 60 words per minute using a computer keyboard.
- You must have strong internet knowledge (Web browsers, search engines, email platforms, shortcuts, etc).
- No Experience Required.

Required Abilities:
- Ability to think quick.
- Ability to learn fast.
- Ability to make appropriate decisions and evaluate priorities accordingly.

Wanted Attitude:
This is a high demanding job for people that are interested in growing inside an international company. We need people that are hard working and dont like wasting time. You will have clear deadlines that need to be met and you will only have 8 hours a day to fulfill them.

This is a great opportunity for people without prior experience. Our company is actively looking for people that have the attitude and capacity to work in new projects.

How To Apply?

Send me an PM with the following answers:

1- [PLEASE INCLUDE AS MANY DETAILS AS POSSIBLE] You're the customer support of a telephone company. You must inform one of your clients that he will have his phone line canceled due to a technical problem in his line. Write an example email to the customer explaining this:

2- [PLEASE INCLUDE AS MANY DETAILS AS POSSIBLE] You work in a car agency. A client is interested in a 2011 LEXUS GS 350, but this car is not in your inventory. You want to convince her to buy a 2011 ACURA TL 3.5. Please view the following comparison: 2011 Lexus GS 350 vs. 2011 Acura TL . Please write an example email of how you would convince the client to buy the ACURA car given the comparison page:

Best Regards,
Omar Duarte

With all due respect Omar

if you are trying to attract expats

your wage scale is very low

and I would surmise that you are going to require more than a 40 hour week, no?

Omar Duarte

Jul 27, 2011
With all due respect Omar

if you are trying to attract expats

your wage scale is very low

and I would surmise that you are going to require more than a 40 hour week, no?

Hi,

The salary scale is higher than most teaching jobs and higher than plenty of call center jobs. We only require 40 hours a week and overtime is not encouraged.

The only reason I have posted this here is because some expats have been interested in similar jobs.

Best Regards,
Omar

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
For this salary range you will probably end up with an English speaking Dominican, not a US expat. But, the deportees are as good as the expats in this salary range.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
There is RED in the same Plaza as you who is a deported Dom and employs deported Doms to go work down there. He pays travel expenses and the boys are making a lot more than what you are offering. In the Capital that is not even worth getting out of bed for, and although people keep saying, this is a higher wage than............... well, yeh, but the boys that drive the Comado delivery bikes make 15,000RD+ and they get to live at work and eat free, on top of this they are generally pretty clueless in a professional capacity.
I genuinely wonder what people expect from a business when they are not prepared to put anything into it. You can buy a Porche, it looks cool, even park it down the Malicon Plaza, has all the extras and makes the owner look great, but if you expect it to perform on orange squash it isn't going to get far.
I respect your wish and need to create these squeaky businesses, but they will never run like a well oiled machine, and a well oiled machine takes much less effort and maintenance to upkeep.
But I wish you luck, in business and in your search, I just wish I knew which business school some of these people attended, maybe the same as RED, the business school of the state Pen?
But not my business so I'll wind my neck in!:surprised

Leuris

Mar 10, 2012
Hello Omar,

My name is Leuris. I am writting this email in responce to your posting in DR1 regarding an employment opportunity. If Im not mistaking you are requiring that the aplicants respond to the 2 test scenerios above.

Here is how I would tackle those scenerios.

Hello Omar,

As you may already be aware of your phone sevice has been disrupted. This is due to a technical problem that we are experiencing. I apoligize for any inconvinience this may have caused you and I asure that we are working tiredlessly to resolve this situation. If you have any further questions regarding matter feel free to contact me and I will be more than glad answer any questions you may have.

Thank you Kindly,
Leuris Castillo

Omar, the GS 350 Lexus model that you are looking for is not in stock at this time. But please allow me to make a sugestion. ( pause ). At 11,000 thousand dollars less, we have the equally luxirous and powerfull Acura TL.The TL comes equipped with a powerful 3.5 litter V6 engine just like the GS. Both vehicles are equally gas efficient at 26 mpg. And quite frankly Omar the Acura is much cooler ride !

Click on Omars name and send him a message, no email address allowed on DR1

Last edited by a moderator:

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009

Hello Omar,

As you may already be aware of your phone sevice has been disrupted. This is due to a technical problem that we are experiencing. I apoligize for any inconvinience this may have caused you and I asure that we are working tiredlessly to resolve this situation. If you have any further questions regarding matter feel free to contact me and I will be more than glad answer any questions you may have.

Thank you Kindly,
Leuris Castillo

This reminded me of a true, but sad story happening to me in Belgium... Allow me to adapt the above story a bit...

One day I noticed my internet through cable was not working anymore, so I called the cable company. Quite important as I had a couple of online stores at the time. Needless to say, I also had one of the most expensive contracts available at the time with this company... This is how the conversation went...

Me: Hi, I am calling you because I noticed my internet connection is not working...

Them (well a call service center, actually...): Thank you for calling us. Could you please provide us with your customer id and contract number?

Me: Sure. Customer id is ........, Contract number is .....

Them: I am sorry to hear that, sir, but if you had paid your bill you would not have been disrupted...

Me (not aware of the call service center at that moment...): in that case I suggest you check my account, and you will notice every bill has been paid...

Them: We are very sorry, Sir, but we cannot do that...

Me: Why not?

Them: We are a call center, Sir, and we do not have access to that info.

Me: So why did you tell me I did not pay my bill?

Them: euhhhhhhh......

Me: Yesssss?????

Them: Standard answer, Sir. I am very sorry.

Me: So how do we solve this then?

Them: You have to write an email, and make an official complaint about your connection not working to the following email-address .....

Me: HOW THE **** AM I GOING TO WRITE THAT DAMN EMAIL WHEN I HAVE NO CONNECTION THANKS TO THE MORONS I SUPPOSEDLY HAVE TO WRITE THE EMAIL TO?

Them: well I guessed he hung up....

Needless to say I took the time that day to go to their office, and canceled my contract...

BelgianK

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Required Skills:

Leuris,

Your English grammar and spelling leaves much to be desired!

I only highlighted some of the grammar errors.

Your comprehension of English needs some work also, the OP requested you send a PM, not respond in the thread.

I don't think you will get the job, keep searching! :smoke:

D in Santiago

Hello Omar,

My name is Leuris. My email is Leurisjosecastillo@hotmail.com. I am writting this email in responce to your posting in DR1 regarding an employment opportunity. If Im not mistaking you are requiring that the aplicants respond to the 2 test scenerios above.

Here is how I would tackle those scenerios.

Hello Omar,

Thank you Kindly,
Leuris Castillo

Omar, the GS 350 Lexus model that you are looking for is not in stock at this time. But please allow me to make a sugestion. ( pause ). At 11,000 thousand dollars less, we have the equally luxirous and powerfull Acura TL.The TL comes equipped with a powerful 3.5 litter V6 engine just like the GS. Both vehicles are equally gas efficient at 26 mpg. And quite frankly Omar the Acura is much cooler ride !

Last edited:

Julii

Nov 11, 2015
Hi my im want to work for this company and would like to know more about what it offers i live in santo domingo please give me a call omar let me know soni can send you my cellphone number

Thanks

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Hi my im want to work for this company and would like to know more about what it offers i live in santo domingo please give me a call omar let me know soni can send you my cellphone number

Thanks

I guess you did not happen to take note, Omar posted in 2011?

Status
Not open for further replies.