Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bringing in a used 19 inch flatscreen.. will they give me a hard time in customs>??

i m bringing obver a used Tvof mine, a flatscreen , for a friend,and a CD player.... the items are used,.. do I need to declare them and can they make me pay anything on them?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

With a 19" lcd you should have no kind of problems with customs. Go right on through.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, they will charge you. You can bring 1 used or new computer but it has to be a laptop, a screen is not among the exonerated items.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't read well, a tv screen...anyway it's the same result: not exonerated

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amstellite View Post
    i m bringing obver a used Tvof mine, a flatscreen , for a friend,and a CD player.... the items are used,.. do I need to declare them and can they make me pay anything on them?
    My advise would be fly into POP or PUJ and put the TV in your luggage and dont declare it under any circumstances, PUJ has never stopped me or anyone for that matter when I have traveled there. POP just keep walking and no speakie spanish, If they insist on stopping you hand the guy a 10 dollar bill and keep walking. Never had a problem doing this. SDQ you can also get thru 80-90% without being checked. STI is definate NO GO!!! They put all bags thru xray on leaving airport and will see the TV and you will have to pay a few hundred dollars. Good luck.

6. Likes Randall Bell liked this post
    Dislikes Randall Bell disliked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I've brought in two of them in my carry on luggage and didn't get charged.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badpiece33 View Post
    My advise would be fly into POP or PUJ and put the TV in your luggage and dont declare it under any circumstances, PUJ has never stopped me or anyone for that matter when I have traveled there. POP just keep walking and no speakie spanish, If they insist on stopping you hand the guy a 10 dollar bill and keep walking. Never had a problem doing this. SDQ you can also get thru 80-90% without being checked. STI is definate NO GO!!! They put all bags thru xray on leaving airport and will see the TV and you will have to pay a few hundred dollars. Good luck.
    Good to know about SDQ. I always tend to bring equipment when I travel through STI and always see the person at the xray look at my bags with a very perplexed look lol. Never been stopped though, always just go right through....maybe just my luck.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

The one time I went through STI, I had to put my luggage through the xray. Not really a problem though... as the screen was not working...

Post Thanks / Like

make sure its in a bag best bet is pop with the 5 or ten dollars and at the romana airport just keep yelling in english amigo and hi five everyone they never check .sti no bueno and sdq is a 50/50 chance i had a 22 inch vizio razor i put it in the bottom of my carry on then put my laptop on top of it when i went through sti no one said anything lucky i guess a friend of mine brought those hid light kits and they were busting his balls they wanted 100 us in sti

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I've seen people searched leaving PUJ, and almost got searched myself but the porter got it through, (my wife was walking a bit behind, and it looked like I had four bags just for me, he told the customs guy it was for two people). It's definitely best to pay the guys a few bucks to carry your stuff through, far less chance of being checked, and it's good to support the local workers.

12. Likes amstellite liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast