guitar

Celtic Queen

Jun 19, 2010
We will be arriving in Cabarete on April 11th and wondering if anyone knows where I could get my hands on a guitar? We don't want to take one since every airlines charges for the 2nd bag, but would still like to have one for beach party entertainment. So, if anyone knows where I could buy, rent or borrow one, please let me know! 3 guitarists traveling with us. Would be tragic to not take advantage of their talents hahah

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Music Store
Work Phone:
(809) 586-4598
Home address:
Pdte V?squez 66 Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Notes:
Plaza Sinfon?a Equipos y Accesorios Musicales D?les: Encontr? su negocio en 1411.com.do ;) (809) 586-4598 Pdte V?squez 66 - Puerto Plata

Plaza Sinfonia has some inexpensive Chinese made acoustic and electric guitars.

Celtic Queen

Jun 19, 2010
Thanks windeguy! Definitely looking for acoustic; was hoping I wouldn't have to go all the way in to Puerto Plata. May have to ask around...I HATE when we are going for such a short time (and with people who have never been to the DR before) to have to ask 'the family'...as nothing comes free! We don't have the time to visit for hours on end in exchange for the use of the guitar.

Just thought maybe someone would happen to have one for sale somewhere between Cabarete and Gaspar Hernande - so I wouldn't have to make a special trip. Ah well...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Unless someone is selling one privately, Puerto Plata is your best bet. I will have to check if there is a shop selling guitars in Gaspar Hernandez.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
There is a shop that does sell some musical instruments on the left of the main highway after you cross the bridge in Sabaneta while heading east. It is just before the big gas station/disco with the hardware store across the street. The music store is in a little strip of buildings with a shop that sells some auto accessories and a jewelery shop.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
couldn't you take it as your carry on??? just wondering. BTW.. if you buy one there, you're gonna' have to carry it home with you anyway... or maybe sell it back I guess.

Celtic Queen

Jun 19, 2010
we COULD take one from here, of course...it's just cumbersome and will cost money. Thought it would be less of a hassle to buy one there. We wouldn't take it back with us (that would kind of defeat the purpose of trying to make this a less cumbersome, less of a hassle kind of thing) - would be donated to the first person who wanted it at the end of the stay. Not looking for a top quality anything, our musicians are already equipped, and are interested in just some little thing to play music on the beach. We will check out the store Windeguy suggested in Sabaneta when we arrive. Thanks.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
As I was in Sabaneta doing some essential bits of shopping this morning, I called into the store which Windeguy mentioned to you.

The shop is an extension of the auto accessories store and they have a range of both acoustic and electric guitars. The shop is run by Jose (speaks some English if that is helpful) and he showed me a couple of his acoustic guitars with a small one at RD$ 1700 and full size at RD$ 3000.

I explained that you would be visiting and looking to purchase something reasonably priced for the duration of your stay.

Jose seems a very pleasant, helpful and knowledgeable guy and his phone number is 809 739 0777.