New member with a question

Mark Chace

Mar 9, 2012
Hello all, I'm Mark and I'm new to dr1. This site has so much good information and I'm hoping to get a few opinions as well.

I do business in the northern coast of Haiti and have considered opening a small one man operation on the north coast of DR as a "safety net". I don't need help finding a person person to work with, I'm looking for opinions about the various cities/towns.

I'm looking for a place that's not too far from the boarder (3 to 4 hours). I love the beach, snorkeling and outdoor activities but I don't like big crowds, night life or "party places". A location close to an international airport would be a bonus as would a city that is serviced by Caribe Tours. (I believe I can take Caribe Tours from Cap Haitien, Haiti to many locations in the DR)

My Spanish is good enough that I don't need to be in a high English speaking area. I seem to be drawn to places like Puerto Plata, Sosua and Monte Cristi but all I know about them is what I've seen on the internet. (I've only been to Santiago and Dajabon)

Please feel free to post your opinion or send a message. I'm hoping to get a lot of input. Many Thanks-

Mark

Mark Chace

Mar 9, 2012
No I"m in the States but I'll be in Haiti April and would like to visit the north coast of the DR to see what area I like.