Best of Samana City

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
If price is not an object, one amazing, awesome place: The Bannister Hotel @ Puerto Bahia. 5-Star without apologies.

We toured it Wednesday and came away impressed. I mean, really impressed.

Very Exclusive.

We saw a bayfront suite right out of Architectural Digest for $416 a night. Breakfast included.

Randall Bell

Feb 17, 2012
Wow. That's a lot of money!

There's a hotel right around the corner from there, I think it's the bahai principe something. It's more 'chweepee', but basically the same view! They have rooms that are separate from the main building, that are in the 'bay'. They are more quiet and secluded, but the only down side is, if you want to eat, you gotta climb lots of stairs to go up to the main building.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
If price is not an object, one amazing, awesome place: The Bannister Hotel @ Puerto Bahia. 5-Star without apologies.

We toured it Wednesday and came away impressed. I mean, really impressed.

Very Exclusive.

We saw a bayfront suite right out of Architectural Digest for $416 a night. Breakfast included.

I'll second that! Have not stayed there yet, but spent an afternoon there having some libations out on the dock. Very nice place and quiet. Looks great for a "do nothing" type of weekend or vacation. Though 400 smackers is a bit high for me to spend on a "do nothing" vacation. . . .. lol. .

I just booked 4 nights at Alisei in las terenas and it only cost me 46k american airlines miles. By the time I go their in late april I will have already earned more than 46k miles. . . .lol. Soy tacano!

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
You will not be disappointed in Hotel Alisei. I haven't been back there in about 3 years but we were really impressed with the place at that time and couldn't fault anything. Great location, place and owners. There restaurant, Baraonda, was memeorable and the hospitality was superior. It was very quiet and relaxing so it should meet your needs in that respect. Enjoy and post a trip report when you get back if you are so inclined.
They also made the very best cappucinos.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Samana City?

oo
Hi:

If you want to go to somewhere very remote and laid back and really don't want to see a lot of people than I would say go to Las Galeras at the very end of the Samana Peninsula. The road ends at the beach at Las Geleras. That is the last spot. Don't bother with city of Samana itself. If you want more convenience but with a few more people and great beaches go to Las Terrenas. You can google to check out hotels.

LTS