Hiking Pico Duarte - with a prissy little lady?

Randall Bell

Feb 17, 2012
Hello DR1'ers!

So I'd like to hike Pico Duarte, but the lady that I'm going to take with me is a bit of a priss lol and not very 'outdoors friendly'. Well that's not true, she likes the balcony in Blue Mall, and the new part of the Malecon lol.

So the question is, is there a way to hike this trail without having to camp and crap in the woods? lol. Yes start laughing gentlemen! Is there a more 'comfortable' way to overnight it on the trail up to the peak? Or are all the accommodations up 'rustico'?

I know, I should swap companions, but let's just say the other pico's are worth the headache! Just for you Cris Collon!! CC!!!

Best Regards

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
No way a prissy chick will like roughing it for a few days. You will be camping and crapping in the woods.

"Rustico" would be an upgrade.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
You can at least have a mule or horse for her to ride on, take lots of charmaine (soft toilet paper) but the accomodations are indeed rustico.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Hello DR1'ers!

So I'd like to hike Pico Duarte, but the lady that I'm going to take with me is a bit of a priss lol and not very 'outdoors friendly'. Well that's not true, she likes the balcony in Blue Mall, and the new part of the Malecon lol.

So the question is, is there a way to hike this trail without having to camp and crap in the woods? lol. Yes start laughing gentlemen! Is there a more 'comfortable' way to overnight it on the trail up to the peak? Or are all the accommodations up 'rustico'?

I know, I should swap companions, but let's just say the other pico's are worth the headache! Just for you Cris Collon!! CC!!!

Best Regards

Yep, switch hiking companions! Chop, chop.

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
If you really think she won't enjoy it don't take her! Nothing ruins the enjoyment of the rest of the people in the group (even if it is just you) than having a whining complaining companion along (male or female). Book her into nice hotel in Jarabacoa to wait for you in comfort. You will both be much happier.