Sky/Claro Satellite Dish

Jerbust

Oct 12, 2010
Hi people I am looking for a Claro / Sky satellite dish, maybe someone might have one that they no longer require, or let me know where I can buy a new one.
Thank you in advance

Feb 7, 2007
Do you need a dish or a service? If service, then just sign up with any Claro store, for Sky they have several dealers in all major cities. If Dish, then any satellite store could get you one there is at last some store within 1-hour drive to you but ask around because they don't advertise too much.

Jerbust

Oct 12, 2010
If you could give me the address or telephone number of a Satellite store it would be much appreciated.

Feb 7, 2007
@cobraboy - FTA still works through private servers...but so little time I have to watch TV, and most content (series, tv shows, etc.) can now be found online, plus Netflix latin america, plus all the other options to get US content from the Internet (CBC, ABC, Fox, cable channels, ESPN, etc.) like UnoTelly DNS or unblock-us, allow you to watch pretty much all the content you want at your convenience.

BTW did you know that "Netflix" is a global account? Your Netflix Latin America account works in Netflix USA (or Netflix Canada) at no additional charge when connecting to USA via VPN or DNS service like UnoTelly or UnblockUs.

My Dish has been misaligned over a year and I have not yet bothered to get it aligned again. Plus, so much less time for TV entertainment in general....

Feb 7, 2007
If you could give me the address or telephone number of a Satellite store it would be much appreciated.

The number is about 2 years old.
809-834-2006
his name is Carlos (Spanish only), tell him that you are "amigo de amigo de Gilberto" (friend of Gilberto's friend).

I also have a phone# for people that operate the private server but I cannot give it out, but if you are interested in FTA setup for DishNet I can get you an email address for these people....

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Myself, I threw in the towel, and decided to go with Claro.
Claro is offering their "superior" cable package with internet/telephone service, for just a couple of pesos more than the internet/telephone service alone, so to me it seems to make sense. The whole package runs less than 3000 pesos a month.

Claro finally started tv service in my area of Santiago. I also opted for the plan Superior, with already existing Internet/ telephone service with them. It comes to about 3350 per month (this is a complete pkg. now) and that is including the taxes. I also ordered the HD package with is not available in a plan for 350 more. The HD channels are fantastic.......

One problem, my download speed was 1.5mbps and the HD channels froze up. After complaining to Claro, they increased my download speed to 3.0 (NO CHARGE) and now the HD is fine.
Nice to have doubled my download speed for free..........about time something worked out good......

B in Santiago

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Dishes

I am looking for a Claro / Sky satellite dish....

I have seen several of those small dishes (red and grey) which were no longer connected.
It seems that some people do not renew their contract when it runs out. They may sell those dishes.

I for one have two used 6-footers; one needs some work, the other one is ready to be put in the sky...
They are good to capture 110, 118, 119 and even the Amazon sat.

donP

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
This year I'm seeing the red Claro dishes all over the areas west of the capital.

Question: Does Claro provide the dish as part of the contract, or do you have to buy it from them separately? If you have to buy it, how much is it?

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
What channels do you get in HD, and are in Spanish or English?

Claro finally started tv service in my area of Santiago. I also opted for the plan Superior, with already existing Internet/ telephone service with them. It comes to about 3350 per month (this is a complete pkg. now) and that is including the taxes. I also ordered the HD package with is not available in a plan for 350 more. The HD channels are fantastic.......

One problem, my download speed was 1.5mbps and the HD channels froze up. After complaining to Claro, they increased my download speed to 3.0 (NO CHARGE) and now the HD is fine.
Nice to have doubled my download speed for free..........about time something worked out good......

B in Santiago