DR Puzzle of the Day - Refill Botellon without spillage?

Randall Bell

Feb 17, 2012
For those of you living here longer than me, I'm sure you buy botellons from the colmado once every couple days like I do. These things:

botellones_de_agua.jpg

outside the country, they come with a cap that has a valve in them, like this:

!Byr-gCQEWk~$(KGrHqZ,!hwEw5CUI+ffBMS0V6T48g~~_35.JPG

here, I've never been able to find the valve cap. or a replaceable valve cap.

So have any of you figured out a zen master way of swapping out botellons, without having to mop up the floor after!?!?

I've been searching for this answer for 3+ years.

Someone solve this for me! :)

bayaguanaman

Oct 22, 2009
For those of you living here longer than me, I'm sure you buy botellons from the colmado once every couple days like I do. These things:

botellones_de_agua.jpg

outside the country, they come with a cap that has a valve in them, like this:

!Byr-gCQEWk~$(KGrHqZ,!hwEw5CUI+ffBMS0V6T48g~~_35.JPG

here, I've never been able to find the valve cap. or a replaceable valve cap.

So have any of you figured out a zen master way of swapping out botellons, without having to mop up the floor after!?!?

I've been searching for this answer for 3+ years.

Someone solve this for me! :)

Leave the plastic cap on the bottle, wipe clean, with a sharp knife cut 3 times from the centre to the edge to divide into 3 equal " flaps", then insert into cooler, no spill, mess etc .

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Take the cap off, clean the top, wash your hand, put your hand over the opening as you pick it up and while you put the neck into the cooler, remove your hand.

Rarely do I spill a teaspoon.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Leave the plastic cap on the bottle, wipe clean, with a sharp knife cut 3 times from the centre to the edge to divide into 3 equal " flaps", then insert into cooler, no spill, mess etc .

That's what I do too and actually with just 1 cut it pops right in. Just make sure you clean off the cap and the top of the bottle before inserting it.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
you could try the method our maid uses. You clean the top, you pick up the bottle, turn it upside down and then slam it down on the watercooler. You will not spill a drop...

This reminds me, I have to buy a new water-cooler tomorrow... lol

BelgianK

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Remove plastic label and clean cap. With a sharp kitchen knife stab the centre twice making a half inch sized X in the middle of the cap. Invert bottle quickly and locate on cooler. Very little water spilled.

Randall Bell

Feb 17, 2012
Thanks for all your feedback. I'm drinking more water now just to test the theories out in a day or so lol