Jarabacoa

Willtravel

Jun 12, 2011
We will be Jarabacoa for 10 days and would love suggestions on where to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner. Thanks much.[/

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
There is a restaurant next to the supermarket that is pretty good for lunch. Not the supermarket on the corner but the one in the middle of the block on the opposite side of the street I had an excellent sandwich and there is more on the menu. The kitchen is quite large and is open to be viewed. My son and his wife had a very good egg sandwich for breakfast. I don't eat eggs often so I got some of the excellent carrot bread they have in the case and spread peanut butter on it from a bottle I brought. I would definitely eat there again.

We ate dinner in the restaurant opposite the central park. Pizza Pizza is one of the signs. You walk up steps to get in. We were told it was good and the food was ok, but when we ate about 7 pm on a Monday we were the only ones in the restaurant and we had to sit by the window overlooking the park to be able to see. The only light was a single bulb hanging down by a nearby wall. I walked over to it with my menu to read.

But the food was ok and they say it is popular.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
the ribs on the way up are excellent. They are on the left, I do not even know whether they have a name.

There is a newish restaurant on the right side, about 5 km before Jarabacoa, with a huge parkinglot. I ate a wrap there, and it was excellent. They also have a nice choice of wines.

The little restaurant next to supermercado jarabacoa is a nice place for simple meals. Their carrot cake is excellent.

Jamaca de dios is good, fantastic view, but is expensive. Be warned. The desserts are excellent.

There is also a taco place on the left side of the main road on the way to the shell station. Good, and certainly value for money.

I heard from friends there is a new hamburger place on the avenida de la confluencia which is supposedly excellent.

Now want the hear about the awfull ones??? ... lol

BelgianK

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
forgot a nice one... when you enter Jarabacoa you will see a sign on your right directing you to La Confluencia, take this road, and about 50 yards in on the left there is a restaurant. The only one where you can eat nice fish...

BelgianK

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
forgot a nice one... when you enter Jarabacoa you will see a sign on your right directing you to La Confluencia, take this road, and about 50 yards in on the left there is a restaurant. The only one where you can eat nice fish...

BelgianK

Yes, and they serve good Dominican food.

JaraChica

Nov 9, 2011
www.squidoo.com
the ribs on the way up are excellent. They are on the left, I do not even know whether they have a name.

There is a newish restaurant on the right side, about 5 km before Jarabacoa, with a huge parkinglot. I ate a wrap there, and it was excellent. They also have a nice choice of wines.

The little restaurant next to supermercado jarabacoa is a nice place for simple meals. Their carrot cake is excellent.

Jamaca de dios is good, fantastic view, but is expensive. Be warned. The desserts are excellent.

There is also a taco place on the left side of the main road on the way to the shell station. Good, and certainly value for money.

I heard from friends there is a new hamburger place on the avenida de la confluencia which is supposedly excellent.

Now want the hear about the awfull ones??? ... lol

BelgianK

Are you talking about Pierre's Steak House? Its pretty good and not too expensive. Its on the Avenida de la Confluencia on the left hand side.

Also, in La Confluencia, there is a little Gelato shop that makes really good steak empanadas, I like to go there for breakfast.

Willtravel

Jun 12, 2011
Jarabacoa-Thank you all

We will be Jarabacoa for 10 days and would love suggestions on where to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner. Thanks much.[/

We had 10 WONDERFUL days in Jarabacoa. Did so much and will return. As soon as I learn how to put our may photos on I will along with blog. Eat just about everywhere and founf new places too.

Playero

Aug 24, 2006
Just came back from a weekend in Jarabacoa. It was wonderful. And this thread was very helpful. All the mentioned places are really worth a visit. Pierre's Steak house, El carrito de Moshe, La Tinaja and the pork rips place are great but got clearly beaten by a tiny place at the plaza La Confluencia that's called La Taberna. The food there was out of this world, sensational, only to be compared with the best places in Santo Domingo, at least IMHO.