Looking for an area of Santo Domingo where to live

giga

Feb 11, 2012
hi,

I am thinking of relocating to the DR from NYC;

I would like to know what area of the capital where I can rent an apartment
for $400-450 / month?
I dont need to live in a high end area, I can adapt to live in a modest area as long
as its safe;

I ve been to the capital a few times but sticked with El Conde area only and the Catedral
DO you know what areas I can rent such an apartment for that amount?

thanks a lot

Randall Bell

Feb 17, 2012
hi,

for $400-450 / month?
I dont need to live in a high end area, I can adapt to live in a modest area as long
as its safe;

I ve been to the capital a few times but sticked with El Conde area only and the Catedral

thanks a lot

Hi There, I live in Gazcue at close to your budget... depending on if you're female or male, and or what your preferred forms of sin are, I would avoid living on the 'other' side of the bridge until you've been here for a few years...

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
gascue for 500 and under, haha! You can't get a studio further out of the city for that money. Actually you can but you wouldn't want to!

imfromda305

Dec 9, 2011
gascue for 500 and under, haha! You can't get a studio further out of the city for that money. Actually you can but you wouldn't want to!

Bla bla bla, you just talking because you want to look interesting or you talk because you actually know!

First of all, I live in the El Conde area for $475. (furnished, wi-fi, hot water, 1 bedroom, 1 living room, apartment so no studio!)

Second of all, I can show you to apartments in Gazcue that go for 15000 DOP! (empty, but still) - If I put some time in it maybe they have furnished apartments as well but because I already found my place there is no need for me to look further.

So your comment was based on!??!

imfromda305

Dec 9, 2011
hi,

for $400-450 / month?
as its safe;

thanks a lot

Are you a male or female? Are you working or a student? You speak Spanish well or not!?

El Conde area is $450+

I had never seen $400 before!

Send me a pm, let me see what I can do for you.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
I live off el conde,my neighbor pays 12000 pesos a month for 3 bed,3rd floor,unfurnished.He pays elec and water.
One behind me rents for 10,000 pesos a month,second floor,unfurnished.Across the street are apts,1 bed for 6000 pesos a month.If you pay in dollars,you are getting screwed.
bob

imfromda305

Dec 9, 2011
I live off el conde,my neighbor pays 12000 pesos a month for 3 bed,3rd floor,unfurnished.He pays elec and water.
One behind me rents for 10,000 pesos a month,second floor,unfurnished.Across the street are apts,1 bed for 6000 pesos a month.If you pay in dollars,you are getting screwed.
bob

Depends, my landlord had the nerve to charge me $1 = 39.12 while it was 38.95

In other words, I paid in DOP.. 475x 39.12 = 18582 DOP but if I kept my $ it would be 475x 38.95 = 18501,25

18582 - 18501,25 = 80,75 DOP a month differnce..

But you know what, the sun is shining.. girls looking good today. I ain't got time to sweat over 80,75 DOP is not even €2!!!

giga

Feb 11, 2012
Hi ,
Im 39 male speak very good spanish, ill pm you

QUOTE=imfromda305;1067777]Are you a male or female? Are you working or a student? You speak Spanish well or not!?

El Conde area is $450+

I had never seen $400 before!

Send me a pm, let me see what I can do for you.[/QUOTE]