Wedding food!!

Jessiejayne

May 17, 2010
Hello,
Anyone know any good place in the Sosua, Cabarete (even Puerto Plata if they deliver!) that caters food for weddings at decent prices??
Thanks!
Jessie

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I spoke to some newlyweds a couple of weeks ago, and they used the Thai restaurant Chili in Sosua as caterer. They were extremely satisfied.

He does not only do Thai food as catering. They were pleased with his prices, service, and help.

BelgianK

jad604

Nov 17, 2011
I'm not sure if this will help you but here goes. I got married in Puerto Plata in May 2011 in a beautiful banquet hall. The man who catered the affair is a chef who works at a resort in Cofresi. He did a wonderful job in all from the food preparation to the presentation i.e. fruit(melon) carving (to look like a swan) to the serving.

The chef along with me and my wife decided the menu. We had two roasted young pigs, lambi, and fish, along with pasta salad and a vegetable medley and appetizers of shrimp, fried conch(lambi), cheese and crackers.

I thought the price was fair as he is a friend of my wife's girlfriend but you have to negotiate that. The down side is I had to take him to all the stores but that also meant I knew all the prices for the food so it worked out well for us.

Let me know if you're interested or have any other questions. Good Luck!

Jessiejayne

May 17, 2010
I spoke to some newlyweds a couple of weeks ago, and they used the Thai restaurant Chili in Sosua as caterer. They were extremely satisfied.

He does not only do Thai food as catering. They were pleased with his prices, service, and help.

BelgianK

I love this restaurant and had no idea they do catering! I will send an email to them! Thanks!

Jessiejayne

May 17, 2010
I'm not sure if this will help you but here goes. I got married in Puerto Plata in May 2011 in a beautiful banquet hall. The man who catered the affair is a chef who works at a resort in Cofresi. He did a wonderful job in all from the food preparation to the presentation i.e. fruit(melon) carving (to look like a swan) to the serving.

The chef along with me and my wife decided the menu. We had two roasted young pigs, lambi, and fish, along with pasta salad and a vegetable medley and appetizers of shrimp, fried conch(lambi), cheese and crackers.

I thought the price was fair as he is a friend of my wife's girlfriend but you have to negotiate that. The down side is I had to take him to all the stores but that also meant I knew all the prices for the food so it worked out well for us.

Let me know if you're interested or have any other questions. Good Luck!

I will get his information from you at least...we are getting married in Sabaneta, Boce de Yasica so it might far for him bur still worth a try! Thanks for your reply!