Who buys lottery cards!?!

imfromda305

Dec 9, 2011
When you exchange your foreign money into DOP (depening on the quantity) you got a false idea that you hit the jackpot somehow, at least I do.. but that still isn't enough for me. I take it to the next step, I buy those lottery cards.. the ones you need to scratch open to claim your price.

I've spent like 1000 DOP on it and I made like 1000 DOP. :dead:

After coming back to sences, these things are going through my mind:

- And excuse me if I insult you real Dominicans, but I think of DR being a somehow corrupt country.. to make a long story short. Does DR has a watchdog when it comes to the lottery?

I know, lottery cards are not the way to get your Ferrari or whatever.. but after scratching 10 times CARA while I got CUDO to see I miss 5000 DOP and to scratch CUDO while I got CUDO to only win 10, 20 or 50 DOP! I mean, I bought like 1000 DOP worth of cards is 100 cards. Not once did I win more than 100 DOP!!!

You guys also buy lottery cards!? And you guys are winning or losing!?

Randall Bell

Feb 17, 2012
Good Afternoon!

I'm sorry, but this is not a Dominican problem. ALL lotteries ALL over the world don't let everyone win. It's just the way the lottery works. Some would call it a scam, others a tax on the mathematically inept, but let's not go there.

Just remember - there's no shortcuts to success, (except perhaps being born into it lol).

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Never bought one......NEVER WILL
My money is much better off in my pocket......

B in Santiago

imfromda305

Dec 9, 2011
I remember once when I was on the beach in Boca Chica with my kid, and he started buying the scratch cards from an old guy that has been selling them for ages.

After scratching about 15 cards, I asked the old guy if he's ever sold a card that won any money, and he said the most anyone ever won from his scratch cards was 500 pesos, and that was a few years ago.

That's when my kid quit buying cards.

You know what, I'll buy them one last time.. just for the F off it. I'll buy 100 pieces, if in 100 in a row nothing happens. :ermm: