walk the plank - zipwire

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
looking for information on the "walk the plank" zipwire in samana.

didn't find much in dr1 search results (perhaps i am using the wrong search words or forum).
have seen their website and tripadvisor.....not really specific enough.

would like to hear from anyone who has 'done' it.
how much it cost?
how long it takes?
could it easily be done in a day trip from santo domingo? early start needed?
worth it? crap for the dished dosh?
easy to get to?

.......or any information which may be useful.

thanks very much.

misswinter

Feb 23, 2012

Randall Bell

Feb 17, 2012
I just walked the plank now. 4pm, crossing Churchill Ave in the middle of hora tapon. More thrilling and totally gratiss!! Best part, I get to repeat it daily! :)

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi:

Live in Las Terrenas and just recently did the Walk the plank Zip line. It was $40.00us per person. Yes you can do the whole things in a half a day. I would suggest that you get to the location of the Zip line around 11:00 AM. There are 13 zip line stations that take you from the top of the hill to the bottom. It is very secure and safe. When you get to the bottom there is a two minute walk to a natural pool with water falls to swim in. Really nice. When you leave there you can keep heading towards the beach, Playa Valle and it is about 20 minutes away. It is a very beautiful beach with high mountains on either side and you can get lunch and drink right there. If you are going to drive yourself you will need some type of SUV. A small compact car may have trouble of the rutted dirt road. To get there you will need to go through Samana past the Malecon and out of town going up the winding hill, staying to your right. As soon as you get on the road to Las Galeras you will see a sign on your left that shows a turn to Playa Valle. The first part of the road is paved but then it turns into a rough road. You can have them pick you up in Samana and that might be a better bet. Go to there web site. Google zip line Samana and there is a place to send an e-mail for additional info. Good luck.

Steve

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
Hi:

Live in Las Terrenas and just recently did the Walk the plank Zip line. It was $40.00us per person. Yes you can do the whole things in a half a day. I would suggest that you get to the location of the Zip line around 11:00 AM. There are 13 zip line stations that take you from the top of the hill to the bottom. It is very secure and safe. When you get to the bottom there is a two minute walk to a natural pool with water falls to swim in. Really nice. When you leave there you can keep heading towards the beach, Playa Valle and it is about 20 minutes away. It is a very beautiful beach with high mountains on either side and you can get lunch and drink right there. If you are going to drive yourself you will need some type of SUV. A small compact car may have trouble of the rutted dirt road. To get there you will need to go through Samana past the Malecon and out of town going up the winding hill, staying to your right. As soon as you get on the road to Las Galeras you will see a sign on your left that shows a turn to Playa Valle. The first part of the road is paved but then it turns into a rough road. You can have them pick you up in Samana and that might be a better bet. Go to there web site. Google zip line Samana and there is a place to send an e-mail for additional info. Good luck.

Steve

perfect.....exactly the type of info i was looking for.

thanks very much.