POP Area Need Long Term 3-4 Bedrooom Home W/Pool

Geena

Feb 21, 2012
Looking for a 1 year or more lease near POP or Caberete. Need furnished 3-4 bedrooms with gated property, pool, satlelite TV, fast internet, 24 hour electricity or generator. Would like to be in the $2K range. Any suggestions?

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Geena,

Welcome to DR1.com!

I'd call the folks at casa linda and hispaniola residencial (both of which are easily found on google or via the search function, which is on the right side of the blue bar on the top of this page). Two years ago, one of the nicer 2br villas meeting those requirements was going for about 1800. I imagine, given the economy, you might be able to find a 3br for 2-2.3k per month, all in.

The search function will come in very handy for locating answers to the other gazillion questions you're going to have in your transition. Many people on here are very knowledgeable, and have posted great information in the past.

Good luck.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
If you are going to want the bedrooms to run ac your electric bill including the pool could easily go 4-500 US per month especially in those gated communities that sell you electricity at a high premium rate during the periods of electrical outtages using their generator. Include the costs of a gardener, pest control, high speed internet and water.
Now you are looking at maybe 1300 for rent by itself. Electricity is outrageous here. 24/7 electricity is double outrageous unless you go with an inverter system which will not run your air conditioners. Lots of people get used to fans.

Geena

Feb 21, 2012
If you are going to want the bedrooms to run ac your electric bill including the pool could easily go 4-500 US per month especially in those gated communities that sell you electricity at a high premium rate during the periods of electrical outtages using their generator. Include the costs of a gardener, pest control, high speed internet and water.
Now you are looking at maybe 1300 for rent by itself. Electricity is outrageous here. 24/7 electricity is double outrageous unless you go with an inverter system which will not run your air conditioners. Lots of people get used to fans.

Ah, no wonder the management fees at these communities are so high. We live in Miami currently and we are use to the heat and humidity. We use ceiling fans and keep the AC at 78 so I think in the DR we can manage with ceiling fans. During the winter I turn AC off and open all windows and doors. I don't find the DR to be as humid as Miami. I was hoping to save some $ on monthly costs in the DR. Using an inverter sounds like an excellent idea. If we are in a gated community in DR can we utlilize our own invereter and avoid being charged the high premiums when electricity goes out?

What is the deal with the water system and costs? Average satlelite TV & internet costs?

southwardbound2

Jun 5, 2008
Ah, no wonder the management fees at these communities are so high. We live in Miami currently and we are use to the heat and humidity. We use ceiling fans and keep the AC at 78 so I think in the DR we can manage with ceiling fans. During the winter I turn AC off and open all windows and doors. I don't find the DR to be as humid as Miami. I was hoping to save some $ on monthly costs in the DR. Using an inverter sounds like an excellent idea. If we are in a gated community in DR can we utlilize our own invereter and avoid being charged the high premiums when electricity goes out?

What is the deal with the water system and costs? Average satlelite TV & internet costs?
More than Miami probably. High speed internet alone is $200/month. Lower speeds available, but still expensive. Don't know TV prices.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Whatever you do Geena, make absolutely, positively sure that you are in a gated community! You want security as well as peace of mind.

Call Tammy Leigh at Century 21. 809-571-1403, or 809-507-6202

Frank