Want to buy a pasola with big wheels

southwardbound2

Jun 5, 2008
We live in Cabarete and shopping for a good deal on a pasola for our maid. Her neighborhood had bad roads, so has to have larger wheels......want to get something reliable. Trying to keep the cost low as we can with these requirements.

Anyone have one for sale?

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Yamaha BWS I belive they have 4 stroke 125cc but they are about 100,000 peso Japaneese bikes cost $$$

southwardbound2

Jun 5, 2008
Since it's for our maid, it's got to be inexpensive

Yamaha BWS I belive they have 4 stroke 125cc but they are about 100,000 peso Japaneese bikes cost $$$
We are not motorcycle people, so don't know much about various models and so on. But we have been warned to buy Japanese for reliability and parts availability. And we have also learned that new Japanese bikes are over RD$100K.

Therefore, we are trying to find a good deal on a used Japanese one......but knowing about the perils of buying anything used in the DR, kind of feel like that's a crapshoot too?

Having said that, others (on DR1) are saying the Chinese brands are getting better and have more parts availability of late......and are like RD$36K new!! So we are a bit confused now......I guess if we could find a good deal on a used Japanese one, would still go that direction.....but those Chinese prices are tempting. Assuming low milage, now wondering if a Chinese one might suffice.

Has anyone owned a Chinese one for a year or two? If so, would you buy it again, having had to fix it and find parts, etc? And among Chinese brands/models, are any better or worse?? :confused:

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
We are not motorcycle people, so don't know much about various models and so on. But we have been warned to buy Japanese for reliability and parts availability. And we have also learned that new Japanese bikes are over RD$100K.

Therefore, we are trying to find a good deal on a used Japanese one......but knowing about the perils of buying anything used in the DR, kind of feel like that's a crapshoot too?

Having said that, others (on DR1) are saying the Chinese brands are getting better and have more parts availability of late......and are like RD$36K new!! So we are a bit confused now......I guess if we could find a good deal on a used Japanese one, would still go that direction.....but those Chinese prices are tempting. Assuming low milage, now wondering if a Chinese one might suffice.

Has anyone owned a Chinese one for a year or two? If so, would you buy it again, having had to fix it and find parts, etc? And among Chinese brands/models, are any better or worse?? :confused:

As cobraboy pointed out, all the smaller motorcycles are in built in China.

Still, the Yamaha is generally considered by most Dominicans here to be the best brand. You can get a new one for RD59 as I had mentioned. Prices on the North coast are very inflated.

Also, the Chinese model I posted has the same 6 mo. guarantee as Yamaha.