What happens to Santiagos sewage water....

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Just wondering what the City of Santiago does with our sewage water. Is it recycled back to our useable water supply, or pumped to an out of city area. And if recycled, is there recycling ability adequate and safe......:ermm:

B in Santiago

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I think it just flows in many locations into the river that is not far from your house.....

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I think it just flows in many locations into the river that is not far from your house.....

Are you talking about the river I bathe in every day.........
I was wondering why I have a slight glow in the dark.........

B in Santiago

jaiallen

Jul 9, 2010
It's pumped away from the city and not treated. If you drive on the outskirts you can see the various sewage ditches filled with raw sewage.

lafiera

Apr 26, 2009
Just wondering what the City of Santiago does with our sewage water. Is it recycled back to our useable water supply, or pumped to an out of city area. And if recycled, is there recycling ability adequate and safe......:ermm:

B in Santiago

it is a lot of Rush Limbough, type ignorant in this forum. Santiago has few sewage water treatment plants, I know is one in la loteria, Nibaje and Rafey. Some people on this forum need to get out of the gate community and try to see more of this country .

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Oh brother, mas perdidos no pueden ser....

The Santiago Water and Sewer Authority has 7 sewage treatment plants in the following service areas: Rafey, Cienfuegos, Los Salados, Tamboril, El Embrujo, La Loter?a Thomen.

CORAASAN cuenta con un total de siete plantas para el tratamiento de las aguas residuales generadas en el ?rea de servicio del alcantarillado sanitario: Rafey, Cienfuegos, Los Salados, Tamboril, El Embrujo, La Loter?a Thomen.

Corporaci?n del Acueducto y Alcantarillado de Santiago | Plantas de Tratamiento

Corporaci?n del Acueducto y Alcantarillado de Santiago | Plantas de Tratamiento

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
it is a lot of Nancy Pelosi, type ignorant in this forum. Santiago has few sewage water treatment plants, I know is one in la loteria, Nibaje and Rafey. Some people on this forum need to get out of the gate community and try to see more of this country .
I fixed part of your post. Da nada.

You may want to learn some better spelling and grammar before you start calling other people ignorant. I don't care if English isn't your first language, it makes you look like a shallow gene pool Mo Ron.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Prolly should have been Mo RonA, If'in I done red thet post rite.

Anyway, the Coraasan people are probably one of the finest public service agencies in the entire Caribbean. Not kidding. It is headed up and manned by professionals (which is not to say that there ain't no Pols in there, there are, but they do their work).

They can also be "talked to" which means they listen. If you have a problem, there are ways to resolve it. THey are not just dumb bureaucrats who tell you something like: "Well that is the way it is, so pay."

I happen to know that the PUCMM installed its own waste water treatment plant many years ago, and it was an eye-opener.

Also, most of the "contamination" that goes into the rivers is from run-off, surface water and from creeks that are used as latrines...

Jus' so's y'all know.

HB

lafiera

Apr 26, 2009
I fixed part of your post. Da nada.

You may want to learn some better spelling and grammar before you start calling other people ignorant. I don't care if English isn't your first language, it makes you look like a shallow gene pool Mo Ron.

ok cabron boy. I hurt your felling?. I'm sorry MR cabron boy.