Leonel or Hip?lito

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
put it like this: payaso o castrato?
i am not so sure any of those things is of value when it comes to governing the country...

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
My wife is not political, although her brother is PLD and mother is Reformista. She mentioned to me the other that she needed to hurry up and get a few things straightened out at the school District. I said what's the hurry. Her reply. " If the Burro gets back in, it'll be Kaos again at the school board."

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
The city is not for country folks.

That's all I'm going to say. :)

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Preferibly, neither. But I would go with the lesser of 2 evils, Leonel's peon, for the simple reason that I was here during el calvo's last term in office. I would honestly consider moving to another country if he came into power again.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Robert, will you leave the DR if Hipo is elected?

Preferibly, neither. But I would go with the lesser of 2 evils, Leonel's peon, for the simple reason that I was here during el calvo's last term in office. I would honestly consider moving to another country if he came into power again.

If I recall, Robert has also stated that he would move out of the DR if Hipo ever gets elected again.
Does that still apply?

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Were you living there during the Hippo years? I myself didn't like going through the airports during his reign of error.
Yes!
That's why I said "...loose more". The PLD is already not so good, who knows what's going to happen if the PRD wins.

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
I plan to go to Danilo's event in NYC in early April, but I would prefer Papa because I think his presidency would be better for the value of the dollar vs the peso.

Randall Bell

Feb 17, 2012
Good morning folks,

I have a horse in this race. I would like to buy a house in Santo Domingo. I've been looking for over a month now.
My thinking is, if a certain side wins/loses, the tassa may change drastically in the next 6 months.

I'm just not entirely sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

If the peso drops in value, in rush in a bunch of Dom Yorkers with their dollars, and all of a sudden I'm competing with more people to buy a house. On the other hand, if the peso drops in value, local people get pinched by the cost of living increasing due to the increased cost of imported goods and petrol, this will in turn put those 'pinched' people in a situation where they can no longer afford their mortgage payments etc.

Those of you living here last time the exchange rate went to 50, which of the above 2 scenarios were more likely? what was the effect on house prices?

Best Regards