Public Hospital Has No O+ blood, Can you Donate ?

Floridaborn

Sep 25, 2010
I am in search of a pint of O+ blood for a woman in the POP public hospital in need of surgery. If you know anyone or yourself can donate a pint - are male - and have no worries about your health / blood .... and are willing to donate for this person, PLEASE contact me ... I will cover qualification test cost.

Anyone out there that has this universal type blood and is willing to donate, SHOULD ! There are people in need in the public hospital with no means of obtaining this gift of life. Please consider helping those less fortunate than ourselves. They will not allow women to donate at the public hospital in POP .. so men only. I would give to help others if I could.

Thank you !!
Tina

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
I am in search of a pint of O+ blood for a woman in the POP public hospital in need of surgery. If you know anyone or yourself can donate a pint - are male - and have no worries about your health / blood .... and are willing to donate for this person, PLEASE contact me ... I will cover qualification test cost.

Anyone out there that has this universal type blood and is willing to donate, SHOULD ! There are people in need in the public hospital with no means of obtaining this gift of life. Please consider helping those less fortunate than ourselves. They will not allow women to donate at the public hospital in POP .. so men only. I would give to help others if I could.

Thank you !!
Tina

What is the reason for this?

Floridaborn

Sep 25, 2010
oh ok :) The lab worker gave no explanation, just we don't allow women to donate. I have been told by others that it is because of menstruation and many women have anemia. Silly I think, if we pass the test - we should be able to donate ! I do know of a woman who donated at CMC in Sosua, so I think it is a rule of the public hospital.

HumbleHindu

Jan 14, 2010
When you need? I am O+ and can help if possible. But I am in La Vega. Still can make it to POP if you are desperate. Please let me know if you cannot find anyone near you.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Floridain,
What you do is ask by PM - Private Message - those that can help you on the Blood doner register - some may not be here but some are - so it can help the search.
Whirlybird set this up to help just this situation.

Olly and the team

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009

Thank you !
Tina
O+ is not the Universal donor type, O- is. An O+ patient can receive a tranfusion of O- blood.