This has been a weird Lent/Cuaresma....really strange.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
It is raining cats and dogs here in Santiago, big heavy, summer-like rain drops...the kind that are music on a tin roof or an awning. Wonderful really.

But this is March. Lent. Cuaresma. The time to fly kites with a stiff wind from the east and hot, dry days and nights. We have been sleeping without air, just the big overhead fan, with blankets...I get up early and bundle up with a little blanket as I work in the early dawn hours..

And this is not normal!! However, it is wonderful to experience the coolness so late into the spring...(well ALMOST spring)....and good for the local farmers, I think...Wonder if the rains are going down the Northwest Line, they needed them a lot.

What's it like in your part of Paradise??

HB

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I can't imagine any pretty weather. We ate out at a local playground at noon and it wasn't even hot as we were in a bit of shade.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Near Sosua
Sunny during day, clouds come up late afternoon and since a few day's heavy rain during the night and pretty cool. But its hard to put a line in it because past week we had much rain during the day and in late afternoon much wind.
Last couple of days no wind in the afternoon, wonder how the kite surfers experienced it since they are a bit closer then I am to the sea. We catch the breeze of the sea but not the full wind.

Gregory Wales

Mar 7, 2002
www.mhhp.org
HB, our paradise? (Dakota and Minnesota?)

We are breaking records by 10 degrees. It is beautiful. Almost one month ahead of schedule.

I hope the rest of the year can survive this spring.

Gregory Wales

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
It poured on the south coast today from Santo Domingo west into San Cristobal province. Big fat drops. Cool weather.

HumbleHindu

Jan 14, 2010
It is not a good news for the farmers, especially the vegetable farmers. Too much and they had lost most of the crops. Unexpected at this time of the year which used to be stone dry. But good for rainfed and rice farmers.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Santo Domingo weather has been strange as well. Many nights recently I've closed my windows which is dead arctic conditions for the DR. Winter just won't let go. It's 73? right now; anorak weather.

The rain has been strange as well. Many days recently there is rain in the afternoon. The rain has not been the normal passing cloudburst but a good steady rain for any where from twenty minutes to an hour or longer, sometimes recurring during the night. There has been no wind with these rains.

During the day the weather has been normal; like an oven.

frank617

Jan 12, 2009
Record warmth in Boston. Mildest winter on record. We are getting May weather in March. Weird indeed. I suppose we should thank you for lending us some of your warm air.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
This time of year is the absolute best. Tourists winding down, some nice cool nights, warm days and the rains keep everything lush and lots of rainbows. Tomorrow is the first race of F1! Rory is #1, Tiger is on the mend, tennis finals going on, where will Manning go?, and I know nothing of futbol or ice rinks. Waves have been good for surfing lately, St. Patrick's day was fun; it's nearer election time, bananas are in full swing. Won't be long for avocados, mangoes, and the flowering of the flamboyans. The pools are starting to warm, creeks are still rising, pigs are productive.
Lots of things not mentioned, but a good time of the year. Cherry blossoms came early in D.C. this year. A beautiful start. Did I mention the S&P, oh yeah, it's up too. Could crash all tomorrow, yes, but hope is not a bad thing.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Nice and cool here in the east. It hasn't rained much in the last week or so. Temperatures and humidity seem to have risen slightly in the last two days.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Still using my " winter blanket " here in Santo Domingo. Rather like it. The rain does seem heavier than in the past but I am enjoying the evening cool. Going to the campo tomorrow and it should be a bit cooler there. Nice for sleeping.

bluemoonnyc

Oct 4, 2007
And NYC also had a fantastic winter..no shoveling, no getting plowed in, no bundling up against the wind chill.i'm glad I wont have to hear about that wind chill factor for a while..lol