It's good to be here...

camaro1257

Mar 18, 2012
I have traveled to the DR on and off for the past 4 years from Santo Domingo to Santiago and Puerto Plata and DR 1 has been an invaluable asset in keeping me informed and helping me to decide which direction to take. After serving 26 years in law enforcement I am pondering the possibilty of retiring and ex-patriating to the DR. I will be in Caberete for a week May 18th -25th. I plan on volunteering at the Dream Project during the day but I am also interested in the gleaning from an ex-pat who is open to sharing their experiences. If there are any ex-pats that live in Sosua, Puerto Plata or Caberete I would love to meet for lunch to pick your brain. I look forward to hearing from you.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I, too, extend a welcome and invite you to contact me via Private Message (PM) or e-mail...

There are quite a few members or former members of law enforcement that are on DR1, and you should probably meet up with a few of them in May, or communicate with them on the Internet.

Good luck with your retirement...you have come to the right place.

HB

pi2

Banned
Oct 12, 2011
I live in Las Terrenas. Many ex-pats locate here. In many peoples opinion Samana is the most advantaged part of the DR!
pi2

camaro1257

Mar 18, 2012
JD, thanks. Question why did you choose Santo Domingo? I have driven through town a couple of times, apart from the Colonial Zone I wasn't very impressed. What attracted you to the Capital if I may ask?