Are my stickers up to date? Revista and matricula

Heythere

Feb 24, 2005
Hi just wondering if my vehicle stickers are up to date.

My Matricula sticker is a square less 2 rounded corners and it has the date 2011
My Revista sticker is a triangle and it has the date 2010 -2011

As we are 3 months into 2012 they would be expired in a developed nation. However, I am just checking to see if these stickers are still "up to date" - by Dominican standards of course ...

Thank you.

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
My revista too says 2011 but remembering back to last year you cannot get a 2012 one until September/October so you must be up to date! I?ve never had a Revista sticker, last I heard you can only get them in S.D. and I?m not driving from L.T. to S.D. to get one. However I paid at the Banco Reservas for one and keep it with my other documents. The advice of the clerk was if asked I show the receipt to the Policia and that is OK.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The window sticker is always one year behind....this one is 2011

Search --- Hb and I solved this one a while ago

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Looked at my revista sticker, found it, but could not find a date on it...

Help!!!!

BelgianK

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Looked at my revista sticker, found it, but could not find a date on it...

Help!!!!

BelgianK[/QUOT

I have not seen the current sticker, I don't think it is available yet. Just do what was said and pay for it at BanReservas and keep the reciept in your car to show AMET. I am sure yours is not the new one.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I alreay replied to this answer twice... but got error messages...

Sky, thank you for the excellent advice... wil do exactly that...

BelgianK

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
matricula is a paper stating ownership of the car. what you are talking about here is not matricula, it's MARBETE. a sticker that proves your car has the right to be on the road (like a road tax, i think?). strangely those tickets are issued at the end of the year so a 2011 sticker is good until the end of 2012.
revista, i believe, is a kind of a car check. not sure how it is called in english. in poland all cars are required to be checked once a year to be "roadworthy" - this is revista. pretty sure that most of cars in DR cannot be deemed roadworthy by any standards... ;) this is why in DR you can get the revista in one of them offices of transporte publico that issues driving licenses. you will need a copy of car insurance, a copy of matricula, your ID and a payment receipt from banreservas. no need to show up with an actual CAR.