need help to open a safe

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
so, i have a small safe in my house...una caja de securidad.
The batteries have died and i dont have a key :(

Anyone know a good locksmith in the sosua area? Or failing that, a good thief :D

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Lock Picking 101

If it is the kind that requires a dummy key to open it after the combination is entered, then the difference between that key and the real key may just be a small notch at the label end of the shaft of the key. (Assuming that you have the dummy key)

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
Do you have a manual or know the brand to look up on the internet. They might have a trick to open it or email the manufacturer of your problem and tell them the issue. They might be able to help.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
Here is a website with a couple hundred people in the same situation. Some suggestions for specific brands are made. A few have suggested putting safe in direct sunlight. Increase in temperature may liven the batteries for one additional unlock cycle. Safe International Open doors battery dead - Page 7 Problems & Solutions - FixYa

the battery warming is a good idea... might be easier to take a hair dryer to it than pulling it off the wall or floor, or whatever.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
so, i have a small safe in my house...una caja de securidad.
The batteries have died and i dont have a key :(

Anyone know a good locksmith in the sosua area? Or failing that, a good thief :D
Puerto Plata. La Casa del Llave (or something like that) near the port. No dammage to it.

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
There also is a keymaker by Delancer. Maybe he is a locksmith too or knows one.
Have you gone and asked for a locksmith at the store you got it at?
Maybe ask at the new orange ferriteria or at the large one in Cabarete or a realtor.

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
There also is a keymaker by Delancer. Maybe he is a locksmith too or knows one.
Have you gone and asked for a locksmith at the store you got it at?
Maybe ask at the new orange ferriteria or at the large one in Cabarete or a realtor.

i didnt buy it.
Did try the ferreteria in Cab but they didnt know of anyone. Have also asked in Sosua and they may know someone but they dont have his number right now

Thanks for the suggestions