WELDING HELP NEEDED- Cabarete Area

latitude19

May 29, 2011
I bought a shoulder harness for pulling on the beach and now need to make a sled. Any advice on where I can go (be specific, please) to have one made?? (See link to sled) Also, what would be a good weight to use that I could leave on the beach and not have to worry about being stolen?? I could maybe find some flat stones and have someone drill them with a masonry bit to fit the pin on the sled, huh??

Thanks for your input. ..tom

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Tom,
There's something wrong here.

Those shoulder harnesses are meant to be worn ALL DAY - never take it off and keep pulling that dead weight wherever you go...... pereferably loaded with a burro or somesuch.

It will be a treat to see a man doing work for burro.......... dontchathink??

latitude19

May 29, 2011
Say what?? This is a track harness, used to increase speed and/or muscle in legs by resistance training. It is meant to be used for short periods.

Give me a bit with this harness and I'll take on any old Dominican burrrrrro.

Tom,
There's something wrong here.

Those shoulder harnesses are meant to be worn ALL DAY - never take it off and keep pulling that dead weight wherever you go...... pereferably loaded with a burro or somesuch.

It will be a treat to see a man doing work for burro.......... dontchathink??

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
D'Frank Hierro is a general metalworker in Cabarete. In Callejon de la Loma beside Colmado Mora, according to Frank's card. Tel. 829 678 3335/809 214 5851. I think he may be a bit surprised by what you want though as his usual work is window bars, metal gates etc.

That one on Amazon looks cheap though if you can get it delivered here.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
If that doesn't work for you I know someone that does welding. He is from Germany and speaks fluent English.
He is also the drummer in my band.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Say what?? This is a track harness, used to increase speed and/or muscle in legs by resistance training. It is meant to be used for short periods.

Give me a bit with this harness and I'll take on any old Dominican burrrrrro.

Yes, I know what it is.... Bode Miller (the skier) has a similar program.

He doesn't join the team training sessions very much - he pulls tractor tires around behind himself (or some such dead weight
object)
Nothing traditional but a very natural way of training vs just arguing w/ gravity in the gym.

The more you can incorporate motion and balance/equilibrium into any training program, the better you will do.

Static training doesn't develop the motion skills needed to properly apply the new strength.

There...........

Signed, Chas. Atlas

Bjkearns

Mar 22, 2012
I think he may be a bit surprised by what you want though as his usual work is window bars, metal gates etc.
g.php