really ticks me off - for about 5 minutes anyway.

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
had a local notary public sign, date and stamp some documents to be sent to the uk.
all wording was in spanish. the documents were sent and were accepted in the uk.

there was one question put to me though:

"how is it that someone can be qualified to be a notary public, but writes the date as 2-16-12?"

of course, i know what the answer was, and i am sure the prat of a solicitor in england knew what it was as well, but i did ask the local notary public why he did this.

the answer: "i thought you would like the date in english."

.....didn't say anything back, but thought....."i did. it wasn't"

does this qualify for the rd$100 post of the week prize?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I corrected a friend on Facebook who posted about Pi Day, 14th March when she said that 3.14 was the way dates are written "en el mundo angloparlante".

Morkel

May 22, 2013
I think you find any soliciting company that provide you online services that will help you in changing the Date of birth and other Things that you want to change on that documents according to law so that you can prevent from legal actions.

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
I threw out numerous items, especially diary products and yogurt. One day while shopping I told my wife something was out of date. Then I got educated!!

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
I threw out numerous items, especially diary products and yogurt. One day while shopping I told my wife something was out of date. Then I got educated!!

Hah........Anything goes "best before" dates from illegible to different date formats..
That's another thing that
Really ticks me off - for about five minutes anyway. :ermm:

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
year old zombie thread???? yea.. .but I'll jump in too. LOL the thing about expiration dates, is that there are VERY few that are actual EXPIRATION dates. most are "best by" dates, meaning that the product would be best consumed by that date... but even that is mostly B.S. Two reasons for this. Producers can "cover their asses" against claims arising from consuming "old" stuff.... AND... (probably more to the point)... they get you to throw out the "old" stuff and buy some more!!!!

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
But the truth is real food doesn't have dates stamped on it. Not one carrot or onion or potato or chicken carcass or beef steak came with a stamp on it. It is just food that has had poisons added to it that has such date stamps.
Der Fish

No "best before" stamps required on those items. (chicken carcass or beef steak)
That's what the "schnoz" is for.