Studio Apartment Around PUCMM

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
For less than 7k, is that possible?

There are very few studio apartments around that area to begin with.

You'll have better luck if you share a two bedroom apartment with another person than trying to find that one place.

Could you find a one bedroom in that price? Yes! But it will take a lot of walking and networking with people in the area with somebody that knows somebody close to you.

The further out you seek (maybe by the Villa Olimpica or the Quintas de Rincon Largo) the more chances of finding a place around that $$$...

There are some studios by the reparto Imperial, right by the Plaza Monumental.

It's doable!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
A whole lot of my student live in the area. I will ask them on our WIKI site if they know of anything near them.
Be patient and I will get back to you, or you can PM me to remind me, okay?

HB

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Here is the first response to my question.

En la villa magisterial, no tengo muchos datos pero hay apartamentos disponible, dese una vuelta por alla, a buen precio y no esta a mas de 5 min de pucmm.

You can take it from there...I think that is also known as La Loter?a, but I won't bet the house on it...

HB

DipreSantana

Nov 29, 2009
Villa magisterial is just as far from the school as I am now. I'll be driving around next week to see what I find.

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
dipre, there are some "pensiones" (nice, though) in la loteria for 6-7Ks a month (that includes light water and cable, I think). check behind el fogon.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I was told in class today to look in back of the Fogon in La Loter?a. Also in the area around the Plaza Monumental--which is the area near the PUCMM pool and Gate 3...

Also look at the area right next to PriceSmart. there are a ton of apartments there.

Need to get some gas in the vehicle and tour the area.

HB

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
This was sent to me by a student:

Seg?n hab?a escuchado en el Reparto Imperial hab?a uno disponible, no s? si se habr? ocupado.

You can look there, too.

HB

will92

May 4, 2011
do you know of any other good areas for pensiones or are there any available you may know about
This was sent to me by a student:

Seg?n hab?a escuchado en el Reparto Imperial hab?a uno disponible, no s? si se habr? ocupado.

You can look there, too.

HB