Cheapest way to move in dr

claude

Mar 23, 2012
I'VE JUST BOUGHT A NEW HOUSE IN PUNTA CANA. I wont be living full time but I have to furnished the whole house and get a car. Is it better to get my residency card and get the exoneration, send my stuff from home and pay the taxes or buy new stuff in DR. Understand that when i will come my house will be empty so nowhere to sleep and no car to shop. What are the normal delays for shipping and to get the residency card. Please help me.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
I don't know your situation but if I had to do this all over again, I would buy some basic stuff here (bed, basic cooking needs) and have your residency process going and send the other stuff that you need from back home. I have mistakenly bought almost every thing from in state and sent it without knowing there will be this much delays/headaches. Don't let the cost and quality of items here fools you and buy every single thing back home. I know back home everything is cheaper with better quality but my hotel/food/flight change costs is draining my wallet dry.