Give a dog a home.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
As I drove up the track towards home yesterday, I almost ran over this little thing which was caked in mud and shivering.... I picked her up and called at all the local houses but no-one wanted to know her so I brought her home, gave her a de-parasite bath, wormer, food and water and this morning she looked like this:

aau0kz.jpg

Very cute but a little sad as think she is missing her mum that she obviously lost. Probably about 4/ 5 weeks old and looking for a 'forever home' as I really can't keep any more.

Anyone interested?

Last edited:

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Standard policy to dump bitches unfortunately, no one will take her unless she has been done, no Dominican anyway.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
She looks cute. Hope someone comes forward and gives her a good home.

Matilda

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Standard policy to dump bitches unfortunately, no one will take her unless she has been done, no Dominican anyway.

Since when are puppies spayed at the age of 4/ 5 weeks??? She can be sterilised FOC as soon as old enough so no need to be so negative, thank you.

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
As I drove up the track towards home yesterday, I almost ran over this little thing which was caked in mud and shivering.... I picked her up and called at all the local houses but no-one wanted to know her so I brought her home, gave her a de-parasite bath, wormer, food and water and this morning she looked like this:

aau0kz.jpg

Very cute but a little sad as think she is missing her mum that she obviously lost. Probably about 4/ 5 weeks old and looking for a 'forever home' as I really can't keep any more.

Anyone interested?

you are a kind soul to have taken this beautiful puppy in. wish i lived there, i would take her in a heart beat. hope you can find a good home for her. good luck

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Since when are puppies spayed at the age of 4/ 5 weeks??? She can be sterilised FOC as soon as old enough so no need to be so negative, thank you.
There was no intention to be negative, simply some facts are not positive realities, Mongrel bitches get dumped, how do you think she even got there in the first place. The fact you only have one to find a home for is positive, but my point was in the dumping of mongrel bitches, which is just a fact of life in DR, tell me it aint so......................Pleasure!

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I sure appreciate the little dog I drove from POP to Jarabacoa to Givadogahome's place to collect. Tickles my heart daily.
My sister needs a puppy, but she is in Tenn! I cannot have another here where I am living, but will pass the word around, but gotta know, whirlygig what part of the island are you and cutesy on?
Thanks Der Fish

My home is near Sabaneta de Yasica so, loosely speaking, am on the North Coast - around 20 mins east of Cabarete.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
There was no intention to be negative, simply some facts are not positive realities, Mongrel bitches get dumped, how do you think she even got there in the first place. The fact you only have one to find a home for is positive, but my point was in the dumping of mongrel bitches, which is just a fact of life in DR, tell me it aint so......................Pleasure!

I take your point.

Back in 2007, a moving sack was discovered by my husband at the bottom of our track and, upon investigation, it contained 6 puppies (all female!). Five were re-homed and Rosy, in memory of my son, Ross, who had just been killed in an accident, is one of my current group of 8 dogs....

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
From the last litter at my house, 5 females went to Dominican families.

were your dogs street mongrels or pedigree?

A cross but I do not see the relevance of your question.

A "Pedigree" female is "usually" more valuable and "usually" more desirable,
whereas a "street mongrel" is "usually" less valuable and "usually" less desirable.

The question from Givadogahome therefore was a legitimate response to your post Acira which implied that there is no problem placing female puppies...... that is the relevance of his question.

And sometimes, it makes no difference to some families.....

D in Santiago

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
A "Pedigree" female is "usually" more valuable and "usually" more desirable,
whereas a "street mongrel" is "usually" less valuable and "usually" less desirable.

The question from Givadogahome therefore was a legitimate response to your post Acira which implied that there is no problem placing female puppies...... that is the relevance of his question.

And sometimes, it makes no difference to some families.....

D in Santiago

In no way I wanted to 'imply' that it is easy to place female dogs. I live here long enough to know that Dominicans prefer male dogs and I have enough miles behind my teeth for finding homes for female dogs.
I grant you that it was maybe somewhat easier to place my last litter because, although a cross hence no pedigree, they came from parents where the history is known of.

Anyway, I hope this puppy will find a new home soon, she is cute!

Acira

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
She might be a Golden Lab. If so they are wonderful family dogs, excellent with kids. At this age it can be hard to tell, but maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.