HELP w Cable del Norte box

southwardbound2

Jun 5, 2008
Please!!! Need model number and make of the cable box. Looked all over the thing and no branding or model number that I could find.

It's a digital one, fairly new and we are in Cabarete.

Anyone know or how I can find out? Need it to program my new Harmony One remote control.....I sure hope I can figure this out!! Just a cheap sticker saying Cable del Norte on the front.....and that isn't a know one to Harmony! Imagine that....:rolleyes:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Did you contact Cable del Norte and ask for the information, or where you can find it on the box?

They have people who speak English if that is your concern

southwardbound2

Jun 5, 2008
I looked everywhere on my box!!
I am hoping someone here knows more than I do about it; recognizes what it is or maybe has more on their box than I do. It's probably a knock off of a Motorola or something, but I need to know of what if it is.
I will contact Cable del Norte tomorrow, but I don't have a good feeling about that. Their English is just barely OK and they probably will not understand (nor care) why I would need that info.
Did you contact Cable del Norte and ask for the information, or where you can find it on the box?

They have people who speak English if that is your concern

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Good luck on this one, I have tried EVERY code in the book of cable boxes and none work.....the only way is if your remote is a learning remote then you can copy the original remote, or just use 2 of the dam things........yes its a big pi$$ off, but what can we do.....

southwardbound2

Jun 5, 2008
Good luck on this one, I have tried EVERY code in the book of cable boxes and none work.....the only way is if your remote is a learning remote then you can copy the original remote, or just use 2 of the dam things........yes its a big pi$$ off, but what can we do.....
I found the box we have; under the Cable del Norte sticker on front it says April! Thanks to Windeguy for telling me it was April Technology brand. Then I did some sleuthing online.

Here is the link and model number. Click to link; click on products; scroll down to that model number under ""Digital set-top boxes" and click one more time and you will see a picture of it and specs.
Hope this helps anyone else that needs it!

April Technology QPC-1643/16EM

April Digital Technology