Any Santiagueros here?

DIESEL1

Dec 29, 2008
Just want to get an idea of how many DR1'ers live in the Santiago area. How is it living there full time? I go to D.R. a couple of times a year and stay in Santiago, just wondering how it would be year round.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
A few Dr1 ers live here myself included. I could live anywhere I desire here but decided on Santiago.
Nice city ALL YEAR ROUND. And the Chicas, don't get me started.....

B in Santiago

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
A few Dr1 ers live here myself included. I could live anywhere I desire here but decided on Santiago.
Nice city ALL YEAR ROUND. And the Chicas, don't get me started.....

B in Santiago

Are the women prettier in Santiago or Santo Domingo?

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Are the women prettier in Santiago or Santo Domingo?

That's funny, everywhere I've been in this country there seems to be a never ending abundance of beautiful women.....
Their forefathers did good when they brought their seed here........
Never (except for shopping) going to spend time in the states again.....
would have to be nuts......:laugh::laugh::laugh:

B in Santiago

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
I've been a Santiaguero for the past 15 years, and I've loved each and every day thus far. Oh yeah, and the girls are true eye candy as well.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
That's funny, everywhere I've been in this country there seems to be a never ending abundance of beautiful women.....
Their forefathers did good when they brought their seed here........
Never (except for shopping) going to spend time in the states again.....
would have to be nuts......:laugh::laugh::laugh:

B in Santiago
No I ask because a lot of guys in SD tell when you want to have FUN you mess with women from SD, but when you want a wife you go to Santiago. My wife is from Los Minas in Santo Domingo and has the worst temper. Maybe next time I will walk around Santiago to see what the big fuss is about. Once I talked with 2 ladies from Santiago on the plane and I must say they were BEAUTIFUL!!!

kampinge

Jan 18, 2012
I am living in Santiago since 6 years ago. Married with a girl from Santiago 13 years and can't complain. Compared with SD,i never would like to live in SD, just because of the traffic. The clima is better in Santiago too not that hot like SD. Santiago has all what you need, supermarkets, international schools and just 1.5 ours to the beaches. So compared with other places in the DR Santiago is ok.
( As I am married I do not know so much about the girls here, but I admit they are very pretty)

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Morning Santiagueros, If any of you want to PM me we could exchange information on any possible mutual assistance potential like books/magazines/movies/special areas of expertise although with my Nook the magazine is much less now. Maybe joining to do the Birthday parties at the orphanage that are once a month at most, emergency notifications, local information etc. I know that most of you like me are very private, independent, and not a joiner but that said if there are any doubts we could have the Professor HB vouch as he is the Grand Poobah of STI. Or not just a thought.

DIESEL1

Dec 29, 2008
I too, would choose Santiago just for the beautiful women. But what else made you guys decide on Santiago.

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
STOP DO NOT COME TO LIVE IN SANTIAGO!!! The women are ugly & fat & mean...........the traffic is horrible...there are no beaches...........the people hate foreigners......it rains all the time.......everything is much more expensive then the rest of the country...a giant earthquake is coming....etc

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
STOP DO NOT COME TO LIVE IN SANTIAGO!!! The women are ugly & fat & mean...........the traffic is horrible...there are no beaches...........the people hate foreigners......it rains all the time.......everything is much more expensive then the rest of the country...a giant earthquake is coming....etc

Hahahaha you want them all for yourself!!!!!

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011

NICE TRY!!! Now I really have to see these women. The women of Santiago better be prettier then the women Medellin.

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
FYI: A job made me come to Santiago. And my wife. She is a smart cookie. She knew that life in Mao would be highly unsatisfactory, so when the opportunity came to work and live in Santiago, we took it. Even before we got married!! I started commuting to Santiago to work and she was studying at UCMM (no P back then)....and living with the nuns at Sagrado Coraz?n.

Think that wasn't fun?

As for the women, well let the guy that waded ashore with Chris, tell you that the first time a group of us young gringos drove through this city, we damned near twisted our necks off.

And if you drive through town today or just go over to the Fogon or Square One and "people watch" you will get the idea.
Or H 2 O on a night...any night.

Oh it is a great place to live...(and Santiaguero is right, don't tell too many people)

HB