Fruit and Veg Markets?

southwardbound2

Jun 5, 2008
Someone once told me there is a fresh fruit/veg market near Super Super in Sosua, but I cannot find it. Can anyone tell me more exactly where it is or what it looks like....maybe I just don't know what she meant.

And would like to know of any/all such stands or markets in Cabarete/Sosua area that anyone can recommend. Janet's stuff is so variable and Playero makes those darned packages. I need to find a better place to shop fruit/veg since City Market closed!:(

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
If you are coming out of SuperSuper on Pedro Clisante turn left and it's a few doors down.

southwardbound2

Jun 5, 2008
If you are coming out of SuperSuper on Pedro Clisante turn left and it's a few doors down.
Thanks for the reply.
So it's to the east, correct? And which side of the street is it on?
I ask because I drove that way too and missed it. I was looking for an open air market, correct?
And is it a pretty good place to shop?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Thanks for the reply.
So it's to the east, right? And which side of the street is it on?
I ask because I drove that way too and missed it. I was looking for an open air market, correct.
And is it a pretty good place to shop?

It is on the left hand side heading East between SUPER SUPER and Europa hotel, same side of the street. It is a complete hole in the wall with daily fresh vegetables, the only "open air" you are going to get in that place is from the moto-concho exhaust from the street, buy your vegetables and leave, it is not exactly The farmer's market in Union Square if that is what you are looking for! The trucks that drive around have nice produce. There is also a vegetable market in Charamicos.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I like to buy from the trucks, as it is fresh, and a lot cheaper. Most trucks where I live, though, only carry fruit.

Any idea about trucks with veggies?

I have also heard that the little fruit and veggie shop near Punta Goleta has very nice produce.

Tambo, where in Charamicos?

BelgianK

southwardbound2

Jun 5, 2008
I like to buy from the trucks, as it is fresh, and a lot cheaper. Most trucks where I live, though, only carry fruit.
I have also heard that the little fruit and veggie shop near Punta Goleta has very nice produce.

BelgianK
If you mean the produce stands across from Kite Club, then I have to say they are very limited in what is offered. And it's of variable quality.

I see the trucks occasionally. But I need to figure out their schedule/route because I am usually on my way to something and have no time to just pull over......and my guess is there probably is no schedule and maybe there is a route?

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I think most if not all the fruit/veg and seafood trucks have a schedule and route. They usually stop at the same places in Cabarete and Sosua around the same time on certain days. It would be great to have a list of all the stops people are aware of. Here's one I know of:

There's a seafood guy who stops at the entrance to the beach by Papi's in Cabarete Mondays from around 8 am to 11 am.

southwardbound2

Jun 5, 2008
I think most if not all the fruit/veg and seafood trucks have a schedule and route. They usually stop at the same places in Cabarete and Sosua around the same time on certain days. It would be great to have a list of all the stops people are aware of. Here's one I know of:

There's a seafood guy who stops at the entrance to the beach by Papi's in Cabarete Mondays from around 8 am to 11 am.
Hey!! Great idea for us to post routes/times! Wish I knew one to share....
Question for you: are you talking about the restaurant La Casita de Papi?