Sending a package to Bavaro

Jan 27, 2012
Has anyone ever used Canada Post, DHL or UPS to send a package to Bavaro? I have a friend who recently moved there is currently living at a resort. I just want to know what info is needed to send the package and the process. Does she pick up from a certain location? I don't think she can get packages sent to the resort.
Any info would be great!

Thanks!

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Most of us locals have a p.o. box in the US that we use to receive documents and packages from outside the DR. There's Mail Boxes etc, CPS and other she can choose from if she expects to receive things on a regular basis. Couriers do deliver to some businesses in the area also but the package might get caught up in customs and cost her an arm in taxes.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
If the person is staying at the resort for an extended period of time UPS will deliver there. You would have to address the package to the person in care of the resort. You should include rm no and the resort local phone number. Best consult with your friend first so he may inquire with the resort if they will receive packages.

If your friend is going to settle in the area, he would best opt to set up an account with EPS or Business Mail. Packages would be forwarded to a local drop station where he can received it and pay transportation/customs.

Regards,

PJT