here is my resume

will92

May 4, 2011
Moving to DR soon looking for work. Below is my resume, any leads I would appreciate very much thank you for looking

Wilberth Torres

219 Bishop Blvd
North Brunswick, NJ 08902
wilberthtorres@gmail.com
(732) 485 - 5549

OBJECTIVE: My goal is to obtain a position with upward mobility, where I can utilize my skills learned from past employment and training.

EDUCATION: Franklin High School
Somerset New Jersey
Graduated: 06/07
Middlesex County College/Business Administration 09/10

SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
? Bilingual (read, write, and speak both English and Spanish)
? Excellent work history dependable and willingness to go the extra mile.
? Motivated, well organized and detailed-oriented.
? Ability to work well with others and able to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
? Good communication, written and customer service skills.
? Ability to be on time with a good attendance record.
? Computer programs: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Abacus Law,
? Point of Sales System(POS)

WORK EXPERIENCE:

MEDOFF BROTHERS: March 2011 ? Current Employer
Warehouse Clerk/Driver
This facility stores fresh fruits and vegetables. My responsibilities include but are not limited to selecting the orders for the clients, as well as delivering the produce to their destinations. Another part of my job includes maintaining the warehouse facility clean and organized for the day?s operations.

RADIO SHACK: September 2009 ? February 2010
Wireless Sales Associate
Face to face sales and customer service. I am responsible for providing each new and returning customer with all information needed to make an educated purchasing decision. This job required maintaining the store clean and presentable as well as keeping inventory count.

MARK CHERRY LAW FIRM: April 2009 ? June 2009
Bilingual Interpreter
Translating and interpreting services for the Law Firm. Duties included translating a variety of forms and documents, attend client consultations, court hearing as well as Mediation sessions where I would serve as the interpreter between the client, the opposing attorney and mediator.

ADVANCE HEALTH MEDIA: October 2007 ? April 2009
Fulfillment Coordinator
Fulfillment department leader, general office administration, printing and editing contents such as invitations for various events, prepare checks for speakers scheduled for meetings. Pick up and deliver Fed Ex packages, as well as training new employees.

RANSTAD WORK AGENCY: July 2007 - August 2007
Warehouse Associate
Under direct supervision of the warehouse manager, assists with loading and unloading trucks, receiving merchandise, (checking for quality), stocking merchandise, pulling merchandise for mail and on-line order fulfillment and transferring merchandise to different store locations as requested by store managers and/or coordinators.

JET MESSENGER INC: January 2007 - May 2007
Delivery Driver
Picked up and delivered checks for various banks including a Wells Fargo branch located in downtown Philadelphia, observing speed limits and obeying all road signs, keeping driving records (i.e. mileage and gas receipts),Loading and unloading delivery goods, Informing supervisor of any vehicle problems.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
A couple of critiques...

- You say you have good written communication...if that's the case then you should be detail-oriented not detailed-oriented. First rule of resume writing is go through it with a fine tooth comb for common little mistakes like this. Have someone else go through it with a fine tooth comb as well.

- You have an extra comma after Abacus Law (See above)

- What degree did you get from Middlesex County College? I would put that in there.

- I would take out this sentence "Ability to be on time with a good attendance record." or at least modify it to say something to the effect of "Perfect attendance record". In any job it is assumed that you'll be on time and not miss work.

- I would highlight your customer service record / skills as you put it. If I was interviewing you I would ask you to give me an example of a time when you demonstrated these excellent customer service skills.

- If I were you I would probably leave out some of the really short stints. As it is now it looks like you can't hold a job for more than a few months (Red flag to a potential employer)

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
I had bilingual friends who made around 700US$ pcm including overtime.
That was at Las Americas on the south coast.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
You can't erase or undo any stupid/personal thing you put up on internet! I have told this to my nieces and nephews many times. I am not saying putting up your resume on this site is stupid thing. I am just saying in this day and age of internet fraud and scams I would be more careful where I put my personal informations. I know quick search on internet can pull up all your information and more but I still think it's very risky thing to do to just put it up like this.

Just my $0.02

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
You can also get a lucky break by doing something a little different or daft just at the right time, someone is looking for exactly that kind of spirit or determination/desperation.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
The short stints I noticed too......as an employer this is a big red flag for me. Maybe put 'temporary jobs' and lump them together in one time period, or something like that.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
When I read the descriptions of the jobs you've done, it unfortunately sounds more like you've been a driver/janitor/administrative assistant/gofer. Sometimes less information is more attractive ex. instead of "saying keeping an area clean", you might say "responsible for ensuring the optimal presentation of goods" or something like that.

And if you want to impress, consider presenting your resume in both languages as you mention you're bilingual.