Improvisation in the DR1 News?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
This was published today, March 27, 2012:

DR1 News said:
Hato Mayor is first 24-hour electricity province

Santo Domingo has 24-hour electricity circuits where blackouts are reduced to a minimum. The Public Electricity Corporation (CDEEE) and its EdeEste power distribution company are now announcing the start of 24-hour circuits nationwide.

Hato Mayor in the east has become the first province outside of Santo Domingo to have a 24-hour circuit.

President Leonel Fernandez was present to make the announcement. "We are very proud to celebrate the announcement by the executive vice president of the CDEEE that Hato Mayor has become the first province with a 24-hour electricity circuit," said the President.

Celso Marranzini, executive vice president of the CDEEE, and EdeEste general manager Francisco Leiva Landabur were also in Hato Mayor for the announcement.

Anyone that didn't know what is going on in the electricity sector would assume, based on the note published in the DR1 News, that Hato Mayor is the first place outside Santo Domingo with 24 hour circuits.

In reality, there are 24 hour circuits (CDEEE circuits) in most provinces and most of them have existed for years!

The only difference is that Hato Mayor is now the first province to have 100% of its circuits on the 24 hour plan. Santo Domingo province is not 100% on the 24 hour plan and neither is 100% of the National District! That's why Hato Mayor is the first, not outside Santo Domingo, but simply the first province to be fully 24 hours.

Big difference between what is actually happening and what was published in the DR1 News.

To make matters more interesting, I have yet to see a news article in the local media that could gives the impression that is apparent in the DR1 News piece.

Now we have to wonder how often this happens... :ermm:

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
24 hour means that you might have some power during a 24 hour period.

We live on a "24 hour" circuit...and lose power every day.

The term "24 Hour Power" is an absurd joke in the DR...

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Not nearly as absurd as being scheduled off 10/ 11/ 12 hours in every 24 and that schedule not being adhered to and, in fact, when the results are posted on the same website they do often not match reality -in other words, they lie!!!

As for fabricating the DR1 News, I believe that is unintentional :D

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
In reality, there are 24 hour circuits (CDEEE circuits) in most provinces and most of them have existed for years!

Maybe in some parallel universe.

As Cobraboy has already posted, NO CDEEE supplied province here get's 24x7 power.

It's more BS invented by the Government to give the illusion of 24x7 power, those of us that live here, know the "true" reality.

Jan 3, 2003
Maybe in some parallel universe.

As Cobraboy has already posted, NO CDEEE supplied province here get's 24x7 power.

It's more BS invented by the Government to give the illusion of 24x7 power, those of us that live here, know the "true" reality.
It's good when the shop owner comes out once in a while and calls bull-shirt amongst so many other bogus and baloney claims made by the DR gov't and its nefarious apologizer the central bank.

Inflation is minimal, employment is rising, prices are stable, the middle class is growing and thriving and all other sorts of hogwash. They can say whatever they want since they use zero as a reference point for the great news they publish and use infinity as a reference point for the bad news they publish.

When you start from zero, any news is good news no matter how minimal the gain is and when you use infinity as a starting point, any decrease in bad news no matter how minimal is monumental. That's what this dynamic duo does.

Last edited:

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Folks, if CDEEE says they're 24 hour circuits, then that's how they should be referred to, 24 hour circuits.

Now, can we get back to the topic? :pirate:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Folks, if CDEEE says they're 24 hour circuits, then that's how they should be referred to, 24 hour circuits.

Why call them something they are obviously not? Why lie and BS? This is the real question.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006

Why call them something they are obviously not? Why lie and BS? This is the real question.

This is why NAL's polls are so often BS also, as he uses the same type logic in creating them.

Just like in, has anyone read "NAL's magazine"?

2d1sjfp.jpg

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
The news article does say "Province" not "Barrio" or "circuits".....

Hato Mayor in the east has become the first province outside of Santo Domingo to have a 24-hour circuit.

And your statement NALs:

Anyone that didn't know what is going on in the electricity sector would assume, based on the note published in the DR1 News, that Hato Mayor is the first place outside Santo Domingo with 24 hour circuits.

So many people on this forum tend to "mis-read" what they read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I may at times be one of them.

I rest my case!

Last edited:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002

War is Peace
Freedom is Slavery
24 Hour circuits are Bullsh!t

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Oh Chiri, you made me laugh out loud. Glad I was not drinking my coffee...Thank you so much!!!

HB

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
When I moved to US four years ago started working doing of cashier in a public parking deck located at downtown Raleigh...
One single day I was doing my dutty and as a good Dominican didn't pay any attention to shortage of one second in the power ( Pesta?o la luz) yes I did noticed the light in my booth blinked out and the computer system reboot it self. Like I said before this was nothing for me acostumed to the frequent "Apagones" in DR....

Five minutes later a fire truck, three police cars, EMS vehicle and all kind of government security people showed up trying to find what was wrong, two men dressing whird uniforms came to my bothh asking all kind of questions...

I was surpriced myself but later finded out that the reason of all this aparatage was due a lady stuck in the elavator in the south exit of the parking lot.

Here we have 24/7 power!

JJ