Stealing electricity

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
The electrical police just caught that big water theme park in Sanitago -Cascada- stealing electricity. Apparently its the third time they have been caught bypassing the meters. Amazing how pervasive electrical theft is in the DR. With the cost of electricity I dont think that a business that uses a lot of electricity can survive. Shame, I like water parks. I think the one near Sosua had the same fate and closed. No way you are going to run the pumps to move water without a lot of juice. What is the solution? In the real world you go to jail for stealing electricity. Hate to see the DR turn into anything like the real world.
Since Santiago lacks a beautiful beach like Sosua the water theme park made it a little more livable and now thats gone.

May 12, 2005
Stealing electricity, not baseball is the national past time in DR. Well if kaskada didn't want to pay EdeNorte for it's juice then they should have generated their own.

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
That sucks i had wanted To go there but never made it my girl hates water and sun you know the hair and the skin color thing . And i too would hate to see the dom rep become the real world . Lets help them set up the wires agane ! Let the thifing bigan .

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
It looks like the costs of electricity pretty much dooms water theme parks in the DR along with any business that requires a substantial amount of electricity. The electric companies have priced themselves out. What is worse is that there is no solution on the horizon.