Wanting to go back

mamgirl

Mar 25, 2012
Hi, I've already posted a few questions, but thought I should be polite and introduce myself. I living in Nova Scotia, Canada. I went to Sosua two weeks ago. It was my first trip down south and was supposed to be a sisters trip with myself and my younger and older sister.

I ended up having the flu when I arrived, fever and all and was sick the whole week. Also, my brother surprised us and brought along our parents. A whole family vacation was not what I had in mind, and put us all together and throw in free flowing alcohol and it's a recipe for disaster.

So although I thorougly enjoyed the sun and the resort, I did not have the vacation I had hoped for and am therefore planning to return in the next month or so. Hoping to bring my kids along this time as I don't want to go alone and am not going again with other family members.

Thanks for answering all my various questions!

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
What resort did you and your family stay at on your previous trip to Sosua..............

B in Santiago

mamgirl

Mar 25, 2012
We stayed at the Casa Marina. I know there are mixed reviews about the place, but I had nothing to compare it to and it was lovely.

mamgirl

Mar 25, 2012
I am still debating that at this point. I like that I already know the layout of the place, and how and when things happen. So there's that comfort level. But then I wonder if I might like a different place more... decisions, decisions.

beastwood

Jun 30, 2011
Two of my favorite places on the planet, south shore NS and (south shore), Dominican Republic. In fact the RD has filled the vacuum left after my ex and I divorced, (my ex's parents lived in La Have (Lunenburg Co.), and we had many lovely summers there while my kids were growing. I made my first visit to the North Shore Sosua area two months ago. Liked it, but hope to explore the north coast more as 99 percent of my visits are to the capitol and surrounding areas. Definitely come back, it is a lovely country with great people.

mamgirl

Mar 25, 2012
Yay! Just finished booking the trip for me and my two daughters...so excited. Now I'll head over to the thread about traveling solo with minors.