Post Thanks / Like

Default This could be amazing news for many people

It might even explain the low (reasonably low) incidence of Alzheimer's among Dominicans.

Look at this and tell me what you think?

Coconut Oil Touted as Alzheimer's Remedy - CBN TV - Video

I can understand some of this and it might really be interesting to see more on this subject.

HB

Moderator DR1.com

*** I love DR1 ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Great stuff HB. Any hope for this horrible disease is big news. The fact that it is already proven to be good for other problems and good for you is a big plus. I'm passing this on to all folks I know. The people presenting are professional medical folks wanting to help others with no gain. Thanks. Time to plant more coconuts!!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone recently asked me where you could buy coconut oil for cooking. Any ideas (near Sosua..)

BelgianK

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Gee, a couple of years ago we thought Dominicans had an increased rate of Alzheimer's. Some even blamed plantains for it.
    http://www.dr1.com/forums/general-st...tml#post480019

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Huh

Gary...er Captboink

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    It might even explain the low (reasonably low) incidence of Alzheimer's among Dominicans.

Look at this and tell me what you think?

Coconut Oil Touted as Alzheimer's Remedy - CBN TV - Video

I can understand some of this and it might really be interesting to see more on this subject.

HB
    Anyone know where on this island one can purchase Coconut Oil?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Vaguely related but I know for a fact that Omega-3 oil can treat if not cure epilepsy.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember reading that being bilingual may delay Alzheimer's and boost brain power. Here's a sample article...

Being bilingual may delay Alzheimer's and boost brain power | Science | The Guardian

Poll's Forum Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    Going down the toll road from Nagua to Santo Domingo one passes a few miles of beheaded palm trees. Are these coconut palms, and have been harvested inthis grotesque manner? And would that be where to look for a plant that makes coconut oil?
    Donno
    Deryl
    No, those are African Palms plantations. They do produce a nut that is harvested for its oil, but its mostly used in production of soap and such. Many sections of the plantations are "beheaded" because those trees have had 20 or so years of productivity. Once those 20 years are over, the trees are killed to be replaced by a new generation, which is already growing between all the dead trunks. Every single African Palm in the country was introduced in the 1980s.

Coconut oil comes from coconuts and they are harvested in the same way an average joe gets his; climb the tree with a machete and a rope, cut the coconuts and down to the ground. The tree is left completely harmless and there's no drying up period since coconut trees have very long productive period (around a century or so).

Polls Forum Moderator

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks H.B.

Last fall I got five gallons of coconut oil to add to co-enzyme Q10 using a recipe suggested at Pure CoQ10 Supplement Powder - Bulk Coenzyme Q10 Powder. If this information about benefit for Alzheimer's patients is true, there is a double benefit to this combination! And it gives me incentive to use the remaining four plus gallons more quickly.