What's that insane airplane over Sosua beach?

miozio

May 23, 2009
Just watched some crazy pilot showing off over the beach. The engine seemed to have stalled. Anyone knows what that was all about?

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Just watched some crazy pilot showing off over the beach. The engine seemed to have stalled. Anyone knows what that was all about?

He was also in Cabarete to today drinking shots and he left his prescription glasses at the bar apparently.

He was flying a red Bi Winged single engine, Red Baron type of plane and he was doing loops, stalls and all the tricks you would see at an airshow.

It was a real treat today !

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Fun to watch, but way too close with some of his maneuvers for my comfort.
He came out of one loop here in Cabarete just over Millennium/Ocean Dream and I swear he wasn't twice as high as the palm tree at the bottom of his loop. I was about 150 feet from said palm tree at the time. Had he misjudged by just a tad, it could've gotten very ugly, very quickly.

If he wants to take himself and his passenger out with the crazy shi*, fine. But extremely arrogant and presumptuous to risk lives/property of those on the ground.

I'd have enjoyed the show immensely if he'd kept it out over the water.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
ever since i've heard about this plane crash into the mountain in POP i keep on expecting it whenever i hear a plane.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
ever since i've heard about this plane crash into the mountain in POP i keep on expecting it whenever i hear a plane.

Met Life Insurance is still investigating that claim and The adjuster is named Snoopy and he will shoot the Red Baron out of the sky if this ever happens again!

Why not put some sod on that bald spot in POP...everthing grows in the DR !

miozio

May 23, 2009
Here he is

[video=youtube;8ARpOqCP3W4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ARpOqCP3W4[/video]

latitude19

May 29, 2011
Yes, I saw it perhaps too close around 6 pm in Cabarete, as when I read Llego Papa plastered all over the plane, it took some of the fun out of watching. He definitely was flying close.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
maybe he was practicing his drug dropoff maneuvers and how to outfly the tucanos :ermm:

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
islandD, i googled the pitts plane and the images look very similar - so you may have called it right.
it definitely had a similar long glass/plexiglass dome over the two occupants. coming out of the loop over the apartment i was in they were close enough to see the guys faces!