seeds from abroad

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
Hi I'd like to bring a few seeds with me to DR... They are from rare palm trees. Is it possible to go through custom with them? :)

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Better palms than here?

Instead of the bodily storage method, a pill container might be more comforatable for you..............:dead:

And easier to retrieve.........

altho B in Santiago may volunteer for that retrieval , given the right inducement:p

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Better palms than here?

Instead of the bodily storage method, a pill container might be more comforatable for you..............:dead:

And easier to retrieve.........

altho B in Santiago may volunteer for that retrieval , given the right inducement:p

Fertilization, however, is much better with the Tambo method. Just make sure you take a short and direct flight. You might look silly with a palm growing out of your butt...

BelgianK

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"A bunch of Arabs were sitting around the oasis eating their "Dates"!
I am going to order some seeds for the "Wooly Jelly Palm",Yum Yum!
CCCCC
Actually.I am going to scout some "nurseries" for some date palms.I LOVE DATES!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I think that I would check out the palms that are here and I wonder about Invasive Species...that worries me.

Then I would talk to some people from say, ISA University and ask about why you want them here...what would they contribute? If there is a reason, whether it is money or culture, why not?

Can't be any worse than the drugs or the Russian mafia or the Mexican mafia, so WTF....why not?

HB

Dewald

Apr 5, 2012
You have to be careful, plenty of invasive species here, no need of new ones. Also there are lot's of rare palm loving people (& lots of native/endemic rare palms) here, you can try first to contact them, maybe the species you are interested in are present in the country. One come to my mind, Leonel Mera from Santiago.