Chain link fence and posts

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Which is the cheapest ferreteria for these materials?

I am planning on building a kennel for our extremely mean guarddog, to reside in during the day, whilst we are at home. He will be out at night, and at times we are not at the house.

For this I need 30' of chainlink, and about 15 posts.

The 2 ferreterias I contacted only want to sell the full roll of 50'. Not only does this mean it almost doubles the prize of the material, but I will also be left with 20' for which I have no use, and have to find storage for.

Any ideas?

BelgianK

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
have you considered a cast iron enclosure. It might be more $ but there are a lot of people who work in metal fences. Or maybe find a section of used metal fence or gates that could be adapted. In Sosua near the Caribe tours bus office there is a large metal working company and they always seem to have used sections of metal fencing lying around to reuse. Might even look better as chain link is ugly. You will also need a cover of some kind as even extremely mean guard dogs need to be out of the summer sun. If you are planning a concrete floor you might need to pitch it so that it will not hold standing water and can be easily cleaned with a hose. Good luck

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Thats a good idea... scrounge up old gates/wrought iron sections.

Paint them, or plant them w/ vines. 4ft x 8ft or 10ft should work well.

I also like the bamboo work they do here... slat style.

Just offering..

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
great ideas.. will look into them tomorrow...

We had already planned a roof, and some of that cloth used by garden centres here to protect him from the sun

BelgianK

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Check out some of the recycling centers (junk yards) in your area. Sometimes you will find used fencing and post materials. See what is there and use your imagination. PJT was able to make a cyclone fence with used materials at one third the cost of new.

Regards,

PJT