Animals?

YounWha

Apr 4, 2012
Are there any wild animals to see on tours? (ie El Limon waterfalls). Like.. Monkeys? :squareeye

donP

Dec 14, 2008
All killed

Are there any wild animals to see on tours? (ie El Limon waterfalls). Like.. Monkeys? :squareeye

You may see ants, mosquitoes, butterflies, a few birds and maybe the odd small snake or lizard.
Well, rats near the garbage...

donP

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
yeah, i had a friend visiting once and she was so excited to see aras in nature. LOL. in 6 years in DR i have never seen a cotorra in the wild. and macaw do not live in DR anyways...
no, my dear. wild life in DR consists mainly of people and few other pests.

Basil

Apr 11, 2012
Hello everybody,..
Yeah,...i am agree with your reviews.I like the animals because animals is the important part of the our life.
I have a pet cat at home.We love one another.This cat is sooo cute.............

Adam_iz

Jun 14, 2012
Oh, interesting. Well, I reminded that my girlfriend was asking me to visit El Limon waterfalls in next summer
and now I got interested due to big brown spider. I'll collect a lot of if they will sting me just like
the antique spider in 'spider man'. :D

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
To view the best wildlife in the DR you just stroll down Pedro Clisante St. in Sosua on any evening after 10pm. The weekend evenings tend to bring out even more exotic creatures.

Isobel

Jul 21, 2011
What about the mongoose you will sometimes see crossing the road? There are some impressive tree boas. There are monkeys in captivity in a wild life setting. There is an incredible variety of humming birds from tiny to sparrow size, then there is the cigua palmera indigenous only to this island. There used to be a small park with iguanas and Dominican eagle etc next to the river in Islabon. Don't know if it is still there. You can see manatee off the coast near MontiCristi and there is one in the aquarium in Santo Domingo.

Dec 26, 2011
Look for one of these little guys:

220px-Hispaniolan_Solenodon_crop.jpg

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
To view the best wildlife in the DR you just stroll down Pedro Clisante St. in Sosua on any evening after 10pm. The weekend evenings tend to bring out even more exotic creatures.

I've been bitten by one.